Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Patriotic Quilts

Hard to believe the 4th of July is tomorrow! We have extreme fire conditions here in western Colorado, so there is a fire ban and we are not even sure there will be a public fire display(it was canceled last year and held in the fall when conditions were more ideal). That is ok with me because I certainly don't want any fire mishaps and it will save my dogs from their annual freak out. We will just barbeque some burgers, try to stay cool, and enjoy the 4th without the fireworks.

When we moved here from California eight years ago, I was thrilled to live in the country and have a country style home.  Plus, it was three times the size of my tiny house in San Diego. I have lots of room to display my quilts.  Here are some patriotic pieces that I have up right now. This one has some embroidery designs from Cheri Saffiotte Payne and I did some tea dyeing on it. It is hanging in my dining room. 
This is a wool felt door banner hanging on my front door. You can see the reflection in the door windows showing the pasture and trees that are across the street. I love living in the country!
This my front entry. The hanging quilt is a design from Joann Mullaly and I don't remeber the desginer of the table topper on top of the Singer treadle machine. The treadle was my first antique store find when we first moved here. 

Well, Lori Holt has a new barn design posted on her page today, so I think I will head for my sewing room and make it. Have a great 4th of July!

4 comments:

  1. I love your patriotic quilts, especially your door banner! Looks fabulous! Oh, congrats on your new blog! Can't wait to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I got a comment from you and thought I'd check out your blog! Love your patriotic quilts and your perle cotton post also! I'm very interested in embroidery but haven't taken the challenge yet! Glad to hear you're pleased with your move. I'm always thinking of moving away from CA but just need a big impetus I guess. I'm coming up on 3 years as a quilter and just really started getting into blogging in July when I participated in a Christmas in July blog hop. It's just as addicting as quilting-- but a good combo because I want to finish something quilty so I can then go blog about it! Also love looking at other people's blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous decorating you do with your quilts Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lara! Always an inspiration to stop by!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!