This was my last full week of summer and I really tried to spend most of it in my sewing room. I started this Modern Herringbone Quilt back in May as a baby gift. I actually have had the top complete since Mother's Day weekend, but then my gallbladder went crazy and I never got it done before school got out. After my gallbladder surgery, I was not up for being bent over and pinning it, but yesterday I did pin it.
I quilted it on one diagonal following the pattern. I think this quilt is fantastic and I wish I had gotten it done sooner.
This is the backing with a few rows of herringbone to make it wide enough. For Slow Sunday Stitching, I am working on the binding. Check out other handwork here:
On Friday, Diane posted the last piecing clue for the Butterfly Threads 2016 Summer Mystery Quilt. It took me awhile to get all 48 blocks done, but success in the end. Here is the link for details:
Here is an up close of some of the blocks. I am going to wait before I piece them together to see Diane's layout suggestions on Friday. I am not sure what this quilt will be used for, but it is nice to have one at they ready.
My version of Lori Holt's Bloom Quilt is also going to be at the ready status. I need to find a backing, but I plan on machine quilting it myself and putting it away for a baby gift.
My Town Square Quilt Tablecloth is going to the top of my get it quilted pile!
I am stuck in trainings most of this week and back to work next week, but two weeks from today we leave to move my daughter back east to college. I am not sure how much quilting will get done...Have a great week!