Monday, July 29, 2013

Back to School

One of my 10 Things for Summer was to complete the Back to School quilt designed by Temecula Quilt Co. and featured in Quilt Sampler Fall/Winter 2009. I took Carol's suggestion at Brown Quilts and just focused on completing each block design independently. Breaking the quilt down into pieces/parts made it so much more manageable! I finished the top yesterday and the only fabric I purchased was the black for the border and I found the perfect backing in my stash.
Now I am not sure about the quilting. The quilt featured in the magazine is very simply stippled all over. It is not too huge, so I would not mind quilting it by hand with pearl cotton. The quilt itself is detailed enough and any hand quilting would probably just get overlooked...What do you all in the blogging universe think? Hand quilt primitive style with pearl cotton or just simple long arm quilting? Please share your thoughts and or advice!

8 comments:

  1. It's fantastic! I love this way of attacking a project! I'm just going to have an allover meander/stipple like the original...I think there's so much going on it the quilt that the quilting will just be lost. Clapping for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carol! It's a beautifully busy ( in a good way!) quilt! Machine stippling would be my choice. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the all over simple lines of stippling for this quilt. It's been on my to do list but never gotten to it. I love how yours looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for stippling...then again if you've looked at my quilts, I always vote for stippling. It is my absolute favorite and I find it so relaxing. That being said, I think it really would look great on this quilt and allow the pattern to shine. It's great!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday! If you get a chance, hop over and grab a button! ;)

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wonderful finish! I love the houses (or are they school houses?) I vote hand quilting...

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!