Friday, July 12, 2013

Quilting Weather Progress and Advice Desired

For the first time in two months we had real precipitation! We are under extreme drought conditions here in western Colorado, so we were thrilled by a great soaking on Thursday afternoon. I was ready to go out and dance in it because it has been so hot and it looked so refreshing. But, I quickly changed my mind when lightning struck in spitting distance. Instead, I snapped these pictures and made the most of the rainy afternoon in my sewing room with the windows open. It looked like it might rain some more today, but no such luck yet...

I completed my Schnibbles Lincoln top for July. I made it completely from stuff on hand and even have several backs to choose from as well as binding--to celebrate I bought some charm packs for future Schnibbles from greenfairyquilts. They were on sale, free shipping, and no tax! I am definitely addicted to the Schnibbles patterns.
Another, semi-finish...This is my Bee In My Bonnet Row Along.  I only started this two weeks ago! I only purchased the white solid and a grey fabric everything else is from my scraps.  Now, I have to figure out the borders. The design calls for multiple borders that make it much bigger. My problem is that the place I want to hang it in my sewing room is too small for it to be much bigger. I was thinking of maybe a 3 inch border in turquoise. Please help me decide, ideas and advice welcome!



12 comments:

  1. I quilted one of these last month or so...they are sew cute! You got yours finished fast. I small border would look just fine...and making it your own. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your row quilt. It's on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a small border will look fine. The beauty of these row-alongs is you can stop any time the quilt is big enough, or add more rows to make it even bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would look great even without a border. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 beautiful finishes!
    Congrats on the much needed rain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of your scraps!! Both tops are delicious, and I think a small border as you describe will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your row quilt is beautiful. A tiny turquoise border and then again a white binding would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lincoln looks great! Yes, I think a small, plain border on your row quilt would be great--there's so much going on in the rows that it doesn't need something else pieced and/or large.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was hoping you'd link this one! (Is that green grass! LOL!!) Did you ever get it quilted??

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun that you have the same pattern as me. A great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have admired each Bee in my Bonnet quilt. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!