Greetings Quilty friends! I made it a personal goal to get my Spools 2 top together by the end of this month. I have been working all day today on getting the blocks together. I used a bunch of my Bonnie and Camille scraps for all the spools.
All I have left is to add the outer 2.5 inch borders in the background fabric. I already have a backing and an extra spool block to turn into my label. It will be good to have this one in the waiting to be quilted pile.
I finished binding this batik beauty for my friend Rachel--I bound two this week for her and dropped off my Good Fortune Quilt for her to work her longarm magic on. I have a few more quilts all prepped to bind for Slow Sunday Stitching this evening:
Yesterday, I made my Harry Potter blocks. My door under the stairs will get a button for a handle.
This is my Hermione Selfie Block for that Harry Potter quilt. You can find links to the sew alongs on my right hand sidebar.
I also made the two blocks for the Vintage Block Along by Lori Holt that she posted this week. This is the Vintage Lily Block.
This is the Star Shine Block that finishes 20 inches. Here is the link to her blog for these blocks:
Lori's Farm Sweet Farm Sew Along starts tomorrow and I already have my templates, but I will be making mine out of scraps with Heat & Bond. The appliqué blocks look adorable and I love farmed themed quilts!
I have a special delivery coming this week that I am really excited about and I am taking Tuesday off to get my teeth cleaned, my oil changed, some shopping, and hopefully some quilting. Have a great week!