Sunday, July 7, 2013

10 Things This Summer

So I am joining along with Sherri over at aquiltinglife.com and making my 10 things to do this summer. Unfortunately for me, my summer is already half over, but I was off of work starting on May 22 and have been accomplishing a lot. These are really not in any particular order...

Number 1- to keep plugging away with "Back to School" from the Temecula Quilt Co. I started with the little houses several years ago and that was probably a mistake starting with small templates, but I am determined to keep at it and make all the blocks from my stash.


Number 2- this Watermelon Quilt is a UFO from last summer. I finally found the perfect green border fabric that was only $3 a yard. I quilted it the other day using my mom's long arm and just have the binding left. It is huge and really too hot for hand binding right now, so it might wait a while longer.


Number 3- the Farmer's Wife Sampler- I started admiring all the blocks for the Farmer's Wife Sampler on everyone's blogs. I decided to give it a go, but not use templates and make a smaller quilt. I have finished all 48 blocks since the beginning of June and put them together this last week. Now, I am on the hunt for a border and back.  Any ideas?


Number 4- Organize My Scraps- I had kept my scraps in Ziplock bags by color in each of my fabric bins.  This was not very easy to access. I broke down yesterday and bought four 3 drawer carts at Walmart. It was $50 I would rather have spent on fabric, but I think having my scraps easier to get to and look through will also save me money in the long run. Plus all the carts find under my cutting table and are on rollers!


Number 5- Another Year of Schnibbles- I confess, I had never made a Schnibbles quilt before. But, I ordered one of the books and dug into my stash and am working on piecing the Lincoln one for July. I think I might have to do one every month!


Number 6- Bee In My Bonnet Row Along- When I discovered this, I fell in love. I showed my mom and she was determined that this would be our summer quilting project. So far, I have completed the tulips, the apples, the stars, the spools, the cups, the chubby chevrons, the baskets, and the butterflies. I will start cutting everything for the rest of the row this afternoon to bring for piecing at our get together tomorrow.


Number 7, 8, 9, and 10- Long Arm Quilting- I have a pile of quilts to long arm quilt myself including:
7. Art to Heart Christmas Favorites
8. Buggy Barn's Pineapple Quilt
9. Buggy Barn's Ice Cream Cone Quilt
10. Plaid Pigs

This list is rather ambitious, but maybe writing it down and publishing it will make me accomplish them! Happy sewing!


8 comments:

  1. Prepare to be hooked on Schnibbles. The little quilts are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness you have so much wonderful stuff going on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Debra...you have great projects going on! I still have your number one on my "someday list!" Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your farmer's wife quilt drew me in to your blog post. It's fantastic. Good luck on all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy summer. I like your colors for the Farmer's Wife quilt. A Medium to light green was the first thought I had for border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny to look back at his busy you were three years ago. What ever became if your farmers wife and row by row? Did ya get the watermelon done?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to see how you finished the farmers wife quilt. What colours did you choose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your version of FW!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!