Sunday, August 10, 2014

Last Week of Summer

 My summer is coming to an end, so I was running around with appointments all week. I also took my daughter and two friends to Denver for back to school shopping and to celebrate her 16th birthday. Needless to say, I did not have a very productive week quilting. I did manage to complete all the available blocks for Little Miss Shabby's "Quilty Stitches" http://www.littlemissshabby.com/quilty-stitches/
 I started sewing the sashing today. I decided to go with an oatmeal color instead of the white. I think it will highlight the blocks a little better. Hopefully, I can get the sashing done before the final block pattern comes out. I am linking with http://kathysquilts.blogspot.com for Slow Sunday Stitching today.
I did manage to read this book on my Kindle this week. I really enjoyed it and its' ending. I go back to work bright and early on Wednesday...My summer has been so lovely, I wish it was not over yet!

20 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice way to say goodbye to summer. I like the oatmeal color of the sashing. It does frame the blocks nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I haven't done cross stitch in years...and I love how yours is turning out. The oatmeal does set off the blocks quite nicely...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful progress! I love to see this each week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such neat and tidy stitches. I think the oatmeal-colored floss is a good choice. I like this piece very much. Sounds like you had a good summer. They do go by quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cross-stitched patchwork blocks look great. I think the oatmeal colour for the sashings is a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work on your cross-stitched project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too...the oatmeal color was the perfect choice. I'm on my last week....return to school next Monday...We CAN DO THIS! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer that your summer is ending...You still have the weekends to enjoy the sun and fun...!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a shame your Summer break is over, but it looks like you have had a lovely time. The cross stitch looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shame your summer break is over.....your cross stitch is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad to hear someone else swamped with back to school prep! Between eye appointments, shoe shopping and overdue math packets, my sewing machine is getting dusty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know just how you feel! But somehow it's always great to go back, too. Great stitching project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a lovely project..I enjoy seeing its progress ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cross-stitching is so pretty - it's making me want to start and I have no time for that right now....must resist the urge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little needlework is adorable. Enjoy the last days of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a wonderful cross stitch sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this sampler and your choice of sashing. These little blocks are going to pop! Beautiful work, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous choice for the sashing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!