Sunday, August 31, 2014

August Over!

 August is at its end and our weather has been cooler than usual with more clouds, good sewing and reading weather. Last year, I made a perpetual calendar using:
and I finally came up with an easy way to hang it up in one of my classrooms. Now, I am thinking I should make another set for my classroom at one of my other schools. I think the clothes pins will be easy to deal with changing it.
I  am nearly ready to start on my last block for Quilty Stitches. I spent a couple of hours this morning stitching on it while I waited for my teenager to wake up so I could get in my sewing room. She needs her sleep because she is battling a cold which I know I am catching. Yuck! I am starting to sneeze and sniffle. Got to love sharing germs...Speaking of sharing, check out what everyone is up to for Slow Sunday Stitching here http://kathysquilts.blogspot.com

I am also making very simple quilt blocks using Angry Birds fabric for a nine year old boy's quilt. I should be able to get that top done despite my congestion plus with tomorrow off. Stay tuned!

16 comments:

  1. Almost done with this! So much fun to see it progress.

    Ok fight that cold / tell it that this is far too early for that crap!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That calendar is adorable! Love the clothespin idea! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sailboat block and the October blocks very much. I have seen the book advertised for the perpetual calendar but had not really given it thought. Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the perpetual calendar! Enjoy your stitches and have lots of vitamin C to fend off that cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the calendar. It looks like fun.
    And the cross stitch is looking great with a finish very close.
    Hope yo can shake the cold quickly.
    Do you teach in several different schools?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable calendar....ya got me thinking now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good progress! I have been hand quilting but no time to do a blogpost!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the perpetual calendar idea. I have an embroidered one that I made almost 30 years ago. I love the cross-stitch you are doing also. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That this beautiful embroidery work, I walked by your blog and loved his writing and his work ... I will definitely come by more often ...
    Have a blessed week.
    Hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you are doing a great job on this. I'm looking at my September block on the wall right now. Not nearly as nice as yours, but okay for a first time block like this. I love all her designs, have several books but wish I had them all! cdahlgren at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your perpetual calendar and I can't wait to see your finished quilt sampler... almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun calendar! I saw the book but didn't buy it knowing I wouldn't get to it soon enough. Pretty cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you can craft through that cold! I love your version of Quilty Stitches. What do you think you'll do with it once it's complete?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tanya! Your calendar is fantastic and beautiful! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a fun classroom calendar. And I started that same cross stitch sampler -- only got to block #4. Yours looks great. Wish I had continued on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That calendar is lovely. I am off to look for that book right now!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!