Sunday, September 20, 2020

Scrappy Mountain Majesties Southwest Version


I'm back! More baby quilts are needed, so I finished up all the Scrappy Mountain Majesties blocks last weekend. They go together very quickly and have many setting options. This is what I decided on and sewed them all together yesterday. I love it! I think it would be cool to make a bed-sized version. It is 45 x 46 inches.

My friend, who I am making this for, now lives in Alaska, so I want a cozy minky backing. I did a curbside pick up at Joann's last night of a yellow minky. As soon as I got back from my pick up, I got a text that my friend's grandson had arrived.
I thought about just making another Name Quilt, but this is for one of my closer friends and I want to make her grandson a Bjorn Bear Quilt. The nursery is in sage--I went to Joann's first thing this morning and picked up this Kona. It is tarragon--there were not many choices, but this was a swatch I had considered. I went ahead and grabbed a gray minky for the backing. I am totally out of navy embroidery floss, so I grabbed a skein of it and some needles. This was my first time in Joann's since February. Everyone had masks on which is a rarity in our town. At the checkout stand, they had the new Quilt Sampler magazine--score!
My mom and dad got me The Bonnie & Camille Quilt Bee book as part of my birthday present and it arrived. I want to get it spiral bound. I am planning on ordering the Shine On fabric that is featured in the book and I will probably mix in some more of from my B&C collection.

Well, I am off to start cutting out bears!
Have a great week!



6 comments:

  1. Nice to see you getting back in the groove.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Scrappy Mountain Majesty layout--it's awesome! I'm hoping to get around to making some of these blocks one of these days--they look like a fun way to use up fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scrappy mountains quilt! I have one in red/white/blue that will eventually be a QOV (although I've thought several times that maybe it's a little too wild..I dunno). You definitely stay busy with friends quilts. HA

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made a beautiful quilt. Your purchases look great and I like the new pattern book. Looking forward to seeing the bears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous quilt, perfect for Alaska. I treated myself to that same quilt book and thought, if it were just spiral bound it would be perfect. How do you do that ? Kinko?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt, it looks perfect for Alaska. I treated myself to the same great new quilt book. My only thought was, it would be perfect if it were spiral bound. Is that something you can have done at Kinkos?

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!