Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sports Baby Quilt Finish

My friend Matt has a new baby. Matt is also the dad of my former student, Connor, who drowned in May...The family lives and breaths sports mostly soccer and basketball. Matt used to teach PE at one of my schools, but now runs one our town's rec facilities--so obviously sports theme seemed a good choice.
 Our town's high school colors are read and black, so I used those colors with gray as the background. I put the baby, Cooper's name on the pennant. 
I used some of the embroidery stitches on my Pfaff for all the detail stitching.
 I really think the gray background worked well. 
My patchwork squares finished 3 inches, so I used them for the grid quilting with my Pfaff's large wavy stitch.
I put the family's surname on the bat along with the year.
I used a gray plush backing which is a double-sided minky. I did go ahead and use Warm and Natural batting, so it is extra heavy. I figure this baby will be at many sports events and could use a plush, heavy quilt. After washing, this quilt measures 42 x 51 inches. I am looking forward to dropping this one off this week.

Have a great week!




6 comments:

  1. What a lucky baby!! You are a good friend! Good luck with your new school year. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!! The personalization, quilting, and individual details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect. I bet the baby's dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Is this your own design?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a quilt! I love everything about it, the colors, the theme, everything on it. You did terrific work on this quilt. I'm sure they will be amazed by this quilt. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!