Sunday, March 24, 2019

Spring Staycation

 For my spring break, I had a lovely staycation with my hubby. We celebrated his birthday with a soaking afternoon down in Ouray Hot Springs and dinner. Then, I got down to my secret sewing--it will be revealed on April 1st and it is such scrappy goodness. 

I have a good friend that is expecting her first grandchild, a girl, in July. I decided to use a couple of Olive's Flower Garden charm packs and some coordinating scraps to make a baby quilt. I actually made enough half square triangles to make two tops--I might set the other blocks differently. I need to get some minky for the backing and then I will quilt it up with some straight line quilting.
I also made some Humble Blocks for Lori Holt's Vintage Block Along
 and the Front Yard Flower Block too.
Although, spring has arrived according to the calendar, here in Colorado it has meant snow, rain, hail, and sunshine usually in one day. We planted some tulip bulbs last fall and they are starting to pop up, but they are not close to blooming, but my orchid I got for my birthday is!

I am back to work tomorrow relaxed and rejuvenated after my spring break staycation. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks! Glad you enjoyed your staycation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely baby quilt. Love the Front Yard Flower block. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!