Sunday, October 28, 2018

October Finishes

 I finished my Little Ghosties this week! This was definitely my DrEAMi! (Drop Everything and Make It) for the month of October. I cut, pieced, quilted, and bound it all within the month. Check out what projects tempted everyone this month here:
This was so much fun to make and even better because most of it was from my stash. I washed it this morning and it now measures 57 x 58 inches. I put a hanger on the back and I am not sure if it will be hung up or used for a couch quilt...
I made an extra ghost block and used it on the back for the label.
 This is my Sugar Stars Quilt that I struggled with quilting a couple of weeks ago. It looks better after washing it to hide my awful machine quilting. It measures 59 x 78 inches after washing.
I think all the prints are from a Bonnie & Camille Marmalade layer cake, but I could have added some additional prints in.
The backing is this pink with red geometric design. I added in a strip of Bonnie & Camille to make it long enough.

Well, I was totally disappointed this week when the Fat Quarter Shop's Fat Eighth Fruitcake reveal was postponed! I had made my deadline and absolutely love the quilt I made, but the fabric the pattern is promoting was delayed. I have no idea when I will get to share it, but it was an October finish for sure!
 I traveled for work last weekend and the beginning of this week, so the only quilting that I got to work on was hand binding, but I did hit Trader Joes, Bath & Body Works, Victoria's Secret, and Old Navy--love to shop when I get to the big city! My friend Rachel has started experimenting with her long arm. We are trading my hand binding skills for her long arm quilting.
She made this small baby quilt, so I attached the binding this morning and will bind it this evening for some Slow Sunday Stitching:
I think these cheerful flowers are precious!
My daughter has been in London for most of the month of October--as part of their London studies, they were required to complete an internship. It gave her several weekends to spend exploring London.
Isn't her vintage Burberry trench coat fabulous? She found it in one of our local antique stores when she was home for her short summer vacation--it was a great buy for $150 (new ones are $2000)! They left London today for a few days in Belgium and then they will move onto Berlin--these two cities are part of her study group. Then, she organized for a bunch of them to go to Barcelona for next weekend. #semesterofalifetime


14 comments:

  1. Your ghost quilt is adorable! What a fun project! Looking forward to seeing that Fat Eighth quilt, too. Hope you're enjoying your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you had to make that ghost quilt, it is so cute! And your little label is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely finishes. The ghost quilt is fabulous; perfect for Halloween. Those quilted little flowers are cute. Oh to be young and fancy free. It seems as if your daughter is having the best time away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful quilt for October! It's so fun. You've accomplished quite a bit for the month. Glad you had a good time in the big city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen the ghost quilt being made on a couple blogs. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ghosty quilt. It is really cute. Smart to make an extra block for your label. Lucky daughter to be spending time in Europe. What is she studying?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure why you are disappointed in the quilting.....it looks good from where I am sitting. A cute "ghostie" quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that ghost quilt and that vintage trench coat is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little Ghosties is so cute. Nothing like a holiday to kick you into DREAMi mode. I love your Sugar Stars quilt with the dark background. It makes those fabrics glow. It looks like your daughter was having marvelous weather—just right for that classic coat! Aren’t you glad you have social media while she’s away?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Little Ghosties is adorable and makes me smile. I love it. I didn't see anything wrong with your quilting on Sugar Stars. Hey, at least it's finished! That's the best kind of quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great finishes!
    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those ghosts! And what a great deal on the trench coat. Plus the opportunity to travel-- priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The ghost quilt is so cute! Love the extra used as a label.
    Sugar stars is beautiful too! Great finishes.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!