Sunday, July 27, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I always look forward to Slow Sunday Stitching. I have been making good progress on my "Quilty Stitches" project. I just love sitting and stitching while I watch TV especially all the Sunday morning news shows. 
 I used some leftover quilted fabric from my thread catcher to make a small eyeglass case for one of my pairs of readers. I bought a 3 pack of readers mid-June and will probably need another one because I want to leave a pair in each of my handwork baskets, in my purse, and in my work bag. I already wear contacts and now to need an additional pair of glasses really sucks...The joys of getting old!
It was delightfully cool here today because of clouds and thunder showers, but we did not get much rain. I spent some time outside reading this book it is the new Target Book Club pick and it is pretty good so far! I did pin my Woodland ABC quilt, but did not start quilting it yet since I read instead...How was your Slow Sunday Stitching?

14 comments:

  1. I buy the readers in three packs also and have them everywhere. How do people who wear glasses to see manage with only one pair? Maybe because they have them on all the time. I only wear mine to read or stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilty stitches is looking so pretty. My 'slow' Sunday was spent digging a new flower border...my legs are really feeling it this morning! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Quilty Stitches is looking wonderful.

    Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty with the bright cheery colors and blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cross stitch is looking gorgeous, Tanya! I always love cross stitch & quilt blocks. Is it a pattern or are you doing your own thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all sounds and looks wonderful. Oh the joy of relaxing and stitching by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilty stitches...something I would love to start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful hand-work...you're inspiring me to try this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cross stitched quilt blocks! This is something really special!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your quilty stitches project. It looks like it has taken some time to make thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Making quilt blocks with stitches... what a great idea! The possibilities are numberless and I guess you could go on and on with this project. How big do you plan to make it? Did you design the blocks? They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have made great progress with your stitching. Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cross stitch project is progressing nicely...where are you going to display it when you are done?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute idea to make a quilty cross-stitch!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!