Sunday, January 26, 2020

Frolic Blocks Together

This is what I have been working on the last couple of weeks! It is Bonnie Hunter's Frolic Mystery. There are many full size blocks, half blocks, and sashing. She had us make a bunch of half square triangles to make a sawtooth border, but I think it is already busy enough. I am going to test some border colors at my LQS and incorporate all the half square triangles into my backing. I have a link on my righthand sidebar if you are interested in finishing our more about this mystery quilt.

Next up, I need to get started on making some Bjorn Bear baby quilts for a set of twins. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is lovely. I don't much care for the sawtooth border either but I've made those blocks! I saw on FB where someone took four HSTs and added a square block in the middle to make a block. There's a name of it and I can't think of it. I really liked how she did it. She separated the part you've got done by the part she added with a thin green border. Sort of gave the eye a place to rest. Really nice. This is my first mystery and it will be my last. My method of sewing just doesn't work like this. I'm so glad I did it and I will finish it but it's now purely a bucket list item marked off!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!