Sunday, September 22, 2019

Fall Door Banner

 Happy Fall! I got my new door banner done in time for the Fall Equinox. I posted about this a couple of weeks ago--I used blocks from Lori Holt's new book, Farm Girl Vintage 2. The book is a must have if you haven't gotten it already. 

Fat Quarter Shop and Lori Holt will be hosting a Farm Girl Vintage 2 Sew Along starting on November 1st. The plan is to sew two blocks a week. I was invited to sew along and I will be sharing my blocks here and on Instagram @tanyaquiltsinco. I will not be using the same fabrics that Lori does because this is the perfect project to dig into my overflowing scrap bins and massive stash. You can find out all the details here:
I am making a sample for another Fat Quarter Shop sew along. These are the fabrics I selected--Moda  Zen Chic Modern Backgrounds More Paper with Kona black as my background. 
 I sewed through most of the papers yesterday with my Singer Featherweight at my mom's house. I sewed up some more this morning on my Juki--I have to say it was much faster on my Juki with the automatic cutter. Now, I am in the process of trimming, removing papers, cutting off corners, and sewing them back together. This project will be revealed in about a month and the pattern will be a freebie!
I have several quilts ready in my pile for hand binding. It is a good thing that it has cooled off--it was 34 degrees here this morning (not great for our garden)--and I can sit under these projects and get them done this evening for Slow Sunday Stitching:

I am going to make a pot of white bean chicken chili and cornbread for dinner and a stir fry for my lunches all week to use up some of our garden goodies. Have a great first week of fall!




3 comments:

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!