Sunday, April 28, 2019

Elephant Parade Top


I am pleased to reveal my new Elephant Parade Top. I apologize for the terrible picture, but it has been windy all day--so this is the best I could do. I am working on embroidering the quilt label for the backing for Slow Sunday Stitching. This quilt has definitely been my Drop Everything and Make It (DrEAMi!) project for April. https://www.mmmquilts.com/2019/04/dreami-27.html I am hosting the baby shower on 5/18, so it will be done in time, plus all the stuff I have to do for the baby shower--favors, decorate, yogurt bar, momosa bar, etc.
 I picked up two quilts for my longarm quilter yesterday. This is the back of my Farm Girl Vintage Quilt--I had it quilted with an all over pattern of large sunflowers. I am so excited to get this one done, just in time for the Farm Girl Vintage 2 book that is coming out in September. The other one is my Spelling Bee Quilt also a Lori Holt design. Hopefully, I will have them bound and pictures taken soon!
 Ludene, who owns the longarm machine, is moving into assisted living and is selling her stash and machine. She has so much yardage it is like a quilt shop. I bought 25 yards, most of the pieces pictured are between two and three yards. I would have bought more, but my budget couldn't handle it!
 My stash also got some more enhancement with these solid fat quarters from the Fat Quarter Shop
 and this is the back side! 
I am participating and being featured for Fat Quarter Shop's Pineapple Day in June. Paper piecing is not my favorite, but making a pineapple quilt has been on my bucket list for a long time! When I got the email seeking participants, I responded immediately. Kimberly Jolly has a great video tutorial and I plan to start this when I am out of school on May 24th as a summer celebration!


6 comments:

  1. So very cute! Love the "pop" of the other animals in the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a humongous squirrel you chased, ha, I didn't get it until I typed that! Really cute quilt! Thanks for linking up Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elephant Parade is so cute. It will be a very special gift for a new baby. I like the idea of the "drop everything and make it". I should do that once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The elephant quilt is oh so interesting. I saw a circus quilt someone made.....a vintage look. So, I have been collecting some circus type coloring book pictures, etc. to do something similar. The quilt has an elephant border.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!