Sunday, January 20, 2019

Staying Motivated!


For Xmas from my hubby, I preordered a Bonnie & Camille Little Snippets FQ bundle and it arrived this week. I now have NINE untouched Bonnie & Camille FQ bundles! I need to start using them, but I can't bring myself to bust them all open. Does anyone have any ideas to push me to finally start using all of these beautiful fabrics? I do prefer scrappy quilts, so I envision using all of these fat quarters for my scrappy quilts--likely all B&C scrap quilts.

Most evenings this week, I stitched my Spools 2 blocks together. If I had my act together, I would have made this my January OMG--to finish this top this month, but I was too late to participate this month! I am still going to try to get the top done and in the "To Be Quilted Pile." I already have a backing for it!
Speaking of the abyss of my "To Be Quilted Pile," I picked up this gorgeous green for the backing of my Good Fortune. It was 55% off and I think it will add a calm to busy top. I will piece it today and get it ready for quilting. 
My friend, who got a longarm in August, will quilt it for me. She has reached the point where she is having "fun" with her longarm and is ready to quilt for me! I just picked up four quilts to bind for her on Thursday, so I am all set for Slow Sunday Stitching and the AFC and NFC Championship Games.
Yesterday the directions for the first blocks for the two Harry Potter Quilt Alongs posted. I started with the pixelated block. It is 18 x 18 inches and so adorable! I made Harry's eyes green because that's how they are according to the books. This is Kelli's design and you can find the links on my righthand side bar. I am using purple Kona for my background which is darker than she is using.
 This is Lorna's Harry Potter Selfie block. She is offering two sizes 10 inch or 20 inch blocks. I am making the 10 inch versions. I like Harry's scar in this one!
Lori Holt posted her Rhinestone blocks for her Vintage Block Along on Thursday, so I also made them yesterday. I am just digging into my overflowing scrap bins to make them.
My daughter made it back from Africa on Thursday night. She flew back into Syracuse and stayed with her friend. School is supposed to start tomorrow for them, but they have tons of snow and went back to Colgate yesterday with between 2-3 inches of snow predicted to fall each hour. She is getting all settled into her sorority house for the semester.

I do not have tomorrow off from school either--I am very unhappy about this on many levels! This is the first year our district has taken away MLK Day...

11 comments:

  1. Lots of goodness in your post! You are fast with the Harry Potters....I will be doing Lorna's version, maybe I'll start this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your girl getting home safely! Those HP blocks are adorable! And you are going to be very busy binding! Love that backing too, you're right, it is perfect. And your stash of unopened bundles is suddenly making me feel better about my own stash situation. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen Camille's sampler quilt? It looks awesome. https://www.thimbleblossoms.com/product/thimble-blossoms-sampler-pdf-download

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Harry Potter blocks are fun! I'll enjoy seeing how that quilt comes together! Your daughter has become a world traveler - what amazing experiences for her. Our school district didn't always give MLK Day off either - seems like they had a different calendar every year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Harry Potter blocks look sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your HP blocks are fabulous!
    Those lovely FQ bundles are very hard to open and use... they are just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No ideas for using up your pretty fabrics but sometimes they just need to be patted and put away for that perfect project that will come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new fabric you got! I hope you break open a bundle or two for a new project you have been wanting to try... your Lori holt blocks are darling as is your Harry Potter block and I love his scar too!!! I don't care to paper piece myself but I love looking at it when others have done it! lol Glad your daughter made it back to the states well and sorry you have to work tomorrow (today now)... happy binding through the week on your 4 finished quilts... nice to have a friend who long arms in your friend lot! lol Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pick one of those FQ bundles and set it aside for the next Scrap Dance Mystery, coming in Feb (I hope!!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. My niece attends Colgate, small world. tee hee. I live in Michigan but she comes from Chicago area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of fun projects! I think I have one untouched bundle of Bonnie & Camille FQ bundle....they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!