Monday, November 7, 2016

Christmas Embroidery

 Greetings! Are you getting into the Christmas mood yet? I am, but it is not my fault. One of my classrooms is next to our music classroom and they started practicing for their Xmas concert two weeks ago. So, I have been hearing a variety of Xmas carols on three days a week.
  I also started my Xmas shopping on Saturday, so I am in the mood. I started this Christmas redwork embroidery right about when the carol signing began. I had been planning on making this and sending it to my daughter for a dorm decoration. I am not sure whether it will go in her next care package or stay in my collection because it is so adorable!
 The design is an amazing freebie from Red Brolly. Here is the link:
Be sure to explore their blog and website because I found three Christmas redwork designs (I already have another one traced) as well as some excellent embroidering tutorials.
Speaking of tracing, I saw a few weeks ago someone was raving about this Crayola Light-Up Tracing  Pad. I found it at Walmart for $20, but struck out at Target. I have a homemade light box my dad made me years ago, but it has gotten wobbly and is very bulky and gets rather hot. I am thinking of requesting this for Xmas, but I would love to hear your opinions.
I made this small zipper pouch yesterday. I guess it is not that small measuring just under 8 x 10 inches, but it gets smaller when you stuff it with goodies. I used some of my precious Bonnie & Camille scraps and already have this in my work tote bag.

I am so excited to spend the rest of this evening watching Martha Stewart and Snoop Dog's new cooking show on VH1--I think they both are hysterical and will be amazing together while I work some more on this embroidery 



SaveSave

16 comments:

  1. The Christmas embroidery is adorable and I love your little bag, too.

    I missed Martha and Snoop, I can't picture them together. It must have been quite entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute santa.
    I have a large light box made from a cardboard box. I think the craoyon would be nice. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your small bag! Too cute!

    I looked at the crayola light box earlier this year but ended up going with the new Ott Lite light box. It doubles as a task light for my cutting/work table and has tool storage in the base. Absolutely love it! (I used the 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby to pick it up) http://products.ottlite.com/p-433-led-light-box-and-task-lamp-station.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! I love the Red Brolly embroidery patterns...so cute. I am using my daughter's car right now which has satellite and their Holly channel just started up. I get to listen to Christmas music when I drive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute zip bag! I downloaded the adorable embroidery projects and wonder what fabric are you using? Can I use something like a Kona solid or do I need a handkerchief linen? I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Christmas sample. It would be hard to give away. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your embroidery helps start the Christmas mood - very cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing! I did explore the website you suggested and it's wonderful! Your embroidery project is lovely as is your zip bag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute embroidery--I love Red Brolly designs! After reading your post, I looked up the light box on Amazon. It has pretty good reviews, and there was a flash sale that ended in 6 minutes--somehow I came up with enough items to get free shipping in six minutes--whew! I got the light box for $15--I hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! My kiddos are practicing for their Christmas program...so yeah...I get what ya mean! Love your projects...as always! SMILES

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work with the embroidery. It is looking lovely. I love the patterns from Red Brolly. I would really love to do one of her workshops, too, but have not found any nearby.
    Good luck with the light up pad. I have not seen them here in Aus yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is festive and lovely embroidery...yes I will check out the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful - I love Christmas sticheries, and Red Brolly has some lovely designs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful work! Thanks for linking up to Finished or Not Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!