Thursday, July 16, 2015

Gifts

This is a Sunflower Harvest Door Banner I made. I bought the pattern and cut out two kits--one for Lindsey as part of her birthday gift and one for me.
Lindsey had been so generous for my birthday in June with a sweet cake decorated with notions (what a great idea!) and
this! It is a Fiestaware colander filled with some Daysail fabrics, a candle, and lotion. I absolutely loved it, but it raised the bar for her birthday present.
For her birthday present, I got an antique sewing machine cabinet drawer,
put together the Sunflower Harvest Door Banner kit,
I also did a Halloween door banner kit for her, and made two Watcha Got? large project bags--one sewing themed,
and the other with bumblebees--her favorite. They went perfectly into the wooden drawer! She loved her birthday present and even started working on the Halloween door banner on our retreat.
We went to the Golden Quilt Company on our retreat and were kind of disappointed in their selection. They pretty much only had three things--batiks, black and white fabrics, and Kaffe Fassett. I only bought a half yard of a pink with white polka dots and a light green fat eighth to use with for my Down in the Garden pattern I bought and this $2 pattern that uses a jelly roll. I spent less than $10--which is good for my budget!
I organized our retreat and we decided to have a goodie bag. I made 10 Watcha Got? large bags (I have made 19 of these bags so far!)
and everyone brought a little goodie to put in. Some people made something and others just bought something. It was so much fun to get some lovely items to commemorate our retreat.
 Next door to the quilt shop in Golden was an antique store, and of course I ventured in. I found this small sewing box for $14, but I did not get to buy because the girls bought it for me as a thank you for organizing our retreat.
The finish is good and it is nicely lined inside.
This sewing box is much smaller than the one I got for my birthday. It is 7 x 7 x 12 inches--much more portable. I think I must start a new collection of vintage sewing boxes.
My mom made me this sweet stitching girl embroidered mini quilt with my favorite Bonnie and Camille fabrics. I need to hang it up ASAP.



16 comments:

  1. I can't believe how busy you are! Wish you were here in SD to share it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much love being shared!!! So much fun and thoughfulness...love it all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like sunflowers, especially on quilts. Nice banner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gifts! I'm sure you both were grinning ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative! What cute gifties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely gifts you have put together for your friend. And the see through bags are a great idea for the retreat, too. The sewing box is great find and how lovely of the group to buy it for you.
    Your mum's mini is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful gift - lucky friend! Love the Watcha Got bags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow you have been industrious! I love the cake your friend made and your presents to each other are so thoughtful ��

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful present you put together for Lindsey....love the cake you were made too! Great idea to make the bags for the retreat and fill them with goodies, as you say a lovely momento! Love the mini your Mum made too....enjoy collecting your vintage sewing boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love those vintage sewing boxes! What great goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these vintage sewing boxes and seeing the gift exchanges was alot of fun...your banner, your mom's mini...all eye candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such perfect gifts for quilting friends! I love your antique sewing boxes, too. Your gift from your mother is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the sweetness! So fun to see all those goodies going back and forth :) (visiting via Crafty Comment Karma:) )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sewing gifts are the best! The mini quilt your mom made is fabulous. I would love for you to link up to the Stitch It, Blog It, Share It Link Party Sunday nights at 7pm at BehindtheSeamsSewing.com.
    ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  15. You put together some wonderful gift ideas! Can't even pick a favorite. I did market bags with homemade breads for last Christmas....but I will use a few of yours this year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! So many fun things in one post! I love your new sewing basket.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!