Saturday, January 24, 2015

January 2015 FNSI

 So I joined everyone last night for Friday Night Sew In. Visit everyone else's blog here http://sugarlanequilts.blogspot.com/2015/01/fnsi-sign-ups.html
I started sewing my pinwheel blocks for a charity quilt I am making.
 The pinwheel blocks get mixed in with these 16-patch blocks. The quilt calls for 25 16-patch blocks and 24 pinwheel blocks. My 16-patches are all done!
 I have more half square triangles waiting to be made into pinwheels maybe this afternoon. My book club is coming over for brunch this morning. We read Gone Girl and are going to watch the movie with great food and mimosas. I have a French toast casserole in the oven now...
This is the quilt I am making. Isn't it a cheery thing!!!
It is part of Sarah's Sweet 16 Quiltalong 2015 and you can find directions to make it here http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/2015/01/sweet-sixteen-quilt-along-sixteens.html
Sarah also organizes quilt donations for charities in the spring. Last year, I participated and donated a quilt to Happy Chemo. Details for this year are not available yet, but I am looking forward to donating at least one quilt.

I am participating in the Grow Your Blog event tomorrow, but I am having trouble with my Bloglovin' link. I even removed it. Does anyone have any advice? I will also have a giveaway, so be sure to stop by! Have a great weekend!


19 comments:

  1. What a lovely cheery quilt! I am envious of your book club - I would so like to belong to one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright and happy quilt this will be when it's done :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, it's so bright and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanya - I'm popping in from fnsi.
    wow your piecing & happy colours are so gorgeous - i'm sure your finished work will be impressive!
    Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your finished quilt! Your book club sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pretty bright blocks! It's going to be a spectacular quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I THOUGHT that setting looked familiar! Such a happy quilt, and such a cool setting for 16-patches! Gone Girl...it's on my 'to read' list (which is 1/2 mile long I swear). I read Sharp Objects, and found it pretty dark... No advice on the bloglovin' sorry. Think mine works fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the setting for your blocks! It is definitely a quilt that will be great to donate to someone who needs some cheer. I read Gone Girl and saw the movie. Very creepy! What did you think of the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks awesome, I love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your color choices are great! I love both quilts. I want to join your book club!! French toast casserole and mimosas? That's my kinda book club. Cheers!

    Nini~

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilt is going to be very cheerful and lovely! Visiting from Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quilt idea. Your fabrics will be very colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those hsts are going to make some interesting pinwheels, can't wait to see them. You participate in some great charities.

    I love the quilt you are making for the Sweet 16 Quiltalong...very happy, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Sweet 16 Quiltalong quilt is cute! And the colors in your blocks are so happy. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a really clever quilt design, I love the effect the the pinwheels making it look on point.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cheerful quilt. Looks like a fun one to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great work. Your colors sparkle. Thank you for sharing it on KISMIF and come back sometime. I'd love to see your projects!--Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this setting for 16-patch blocks! Another idea I need to add to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is a very wonderful and cheery quilt. Sarah makes such great ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!