Saturday, September 20, 2014

FNSI September

 I was not sure I was going to be able to sew last night because I took a computer class at work from right after school until 7:30 pm. They provided a pizza dinner so when I got home late from work, I just headed straight into my sewing room. I am making these blocks for a quilt that will be a wedding gift.
I cut all the pieces on Sunday and have been working on the parts all week during the evenings. For Friday Night Sew In, I sewed all the nine patches for the middle of the blocks. 
I need to make 26 blocks.
 All the fabrics are from my scrap bins.
Today I will get all the blocks pieced together
 and hopefully find a good sashing in my stash
 and maybe a border fabric.
Then, I can hit the fabric store and/or the LQS for a cheap backing.
I also got my Little Letters D blocks made on Wednesday night. So far, I have been keeping up as the patterns are posted on Wednesdays and Sundays over at http://temeculaquiltco.blogspot.com
Here are my country colored blocks
and my bright, modern blocks. Check out what everyone else did for FNSI here http://sugarlanequilts.blogspot.com/2014/09/fnsi-sign-ups.html

7 comments:

  1. I love nine-patches...I just may have to make some of those blocks! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got a lot done! Your alphabet is coming along adorably!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very busy. Great to use up some of the stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Myyy... you got a huge amount finished. WeLL DoNe !
    The quilt will look great too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You managed to get a lot done. Love how you are using up scraps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have been busy...love the blocks and how you are using up your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did get a lot done! Lovely 9ps.
    And the alphabet is looking good.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!