Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day Part 1

Yay! I can reveal some of my secret sewing. I made these three zipper pouches for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. She received them in the mail today, so I can share.
 I cut up a Scrumptious charm pack into 2.5 inch squares and made one big enough for her iPad. I also double layered the batting for extra padding.  The medium pouch is a little tight for a Kindle, but it held plenty of chocolate and an Amazon gift card. The small pouch is so adorable!
My mother-in-law travels a lot, so I know she will put these pouches to good use. I still have some squares left, so I will have to come up with some more ways to use them. I will post more Mother's Day gifts after my mom gets hers on Sunday...

20 comments:

  1. What a fun gift! Very useful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely! I bet she loves them

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the Scrumptious line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of a charm pack. I bet she loves all three pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very adorable pouches and isn't the Scrumptious line so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy!!!! love all of them!!! Wish I had a pouch like that for my ipad

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute pouches! They look great with the Scrumptious fabric!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Bags are on my list to learn this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these pouches! So great that they coordinate, but can serve different purposes. Great job, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are beautiful, Tanya! Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool, I haven't tried anything with zips in it yet but these might be a good starter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, and great for when she is travelling! Great present.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work. Thanks for linking up at Inspire Us Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore zipper pouches! These are so lovely, you did a fantastic job! :) I am sure she will love them!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!