Sunday, January 7, 2018

2018 Plans

 Welcome, I hope your 2018 is off to a fabulous start! I go back to work tomorrow, but I managed to make the most of this time off. I made this table topper from start to finish yesterday. It is made from Bonnie & Camille's Spools 2 pattern. It will go on top of my new glass front quilt cabinet in my sewing room. My sewing room's decor is black, turquoise, and red. It is my second finish for 2018.
Lots of new quilt alongs and BOMs are beginning, but I am trying to restrain myself and focus on my UFOs and other commitments. I will continue with the weekly Spelling Bee Sew Along using Lori Holt's Spelling Bee. Here is the link:
We are up to the letter K and I made those blocks yesterday.
#spellingbeesaturday
My other sew along commitment is Clementine from the Fat Quarter Shop. My blog will be featured on their quilt along. I am so excited to participate in this fundraiser for St. Jude. Here is the link for information:
I have so many UFOs. They are mostly completed tops, but need to be quilted. First up is Chains of Love--I want this to be up on display for Valentine's Day, so I am making it my January OMG (One Monthly Goal). Here is the link
I actually got it quilted this week along with two other UFOs. I hope to work on binding it today for Slow Sunday Stitching:
My daughter is home from college until the 18th. We have been enjoying lots of cuddling and home cooked meals--our dogs are in heaven with all of her attention!

Have a great week!

13 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on two 2018 finishes! You're making great progress with your quilty committments - as usually your color choices are so happy and fun! What a cute pair your daughter and doggy make! Your daughter looks so happy and content to be home cuddling with doggy and Mama's quilts....perfect pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooooo very productive. LOVE your heart quilt...and enjoy time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table topper!! I love your heart quilt for Valentines Day. Have fun turning this UFO a quilt to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hearts. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness...you have been a Super Quilter Women during your break. Wonderful project finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely table topper.
    Good luck with your plans for UFOs.
    And enjoy time having your daughter home. That is special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful quilts, and what a great photo of your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilts, am completely with you: finish UFOs first, sooo tempted ..... Enjoy the time with your daughter at home, precious moments to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projects. Good luck in your OMG...no doubt you will have success.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tanya, pugmom told me to ask about meeting up since I moved to CO. I'd love to talk!
    I'm a quilter/poodle owner too, and a fellow blogger at Not Afraid of Color
    LeeAnna email is leeannaquilts at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects. It's going to be an exciting year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, two finishes already! I have an almost finish. Time with family home is so wonderful, enjoy the days left with your daughter home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you are off to a great start for 2018! I love your Chains of Love quilt and can't wait to see how you decide to quilt it... but I'm not a fan of the name. CHAINS of love? Makes me think of that Shades of Gray... (shudder!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!