Sunday, November 6, 2016

November OMG

I cannot believe it is already November. This year has flown by. To help keep myself on track, I am joining the November One Monthly Goal (OMG) Challenge now being held over at Elm Street Quilts. Here is the link:

My November OMG is to finish this baby quilt. I need to piece the backing, pin it, quilt it, and bind it. I have the whole week of Thanksgiving off, so I should have the time and may be able to get some other things done as well--like my Ugly Christmas Sweater tablecloth.
 Speaking of other things, I started cutting into my Bonnie and Camille scraps this morning to make myself a zipper pouch. I bought myself a fake leather tote bag at Old Navy yesterday for half price. My work tote bag is falling apart and I have wanted a nice leather tote bag to replace it, but can't afford one right now. So, I settled for faux leather at less than $20, but it is basically a big bag with no secondary pockets. This zip pouch will hold all my pens and other necessities. For my work things, I have to be organized!
I was so happy to get an extra hour of sleep this morning. I got an earlier start at Walmart and the grocery store. It is a lovely sunny Sunday here with the sun shinning and the leaves still falling. I am in my sewing room and watching football. This evening, the Broncos play the Raiders and I will work on this little Xmas embroidery wall hanging for Slow Sunday Stitching. https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2016/11/slow-stitching-sunday-lighting.html

Have a great week!


15 comments:

  1. Very cute reindeer! But what's not to love about red work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the reindeer herd! Have fun stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a pretty zipper pouch! Great idea to make one for your teacher bag. I love those little reindeer, too! Where o you find patterns like that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those reindeer are really cute, such sweet faces! Football days are good stitching days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your embroidery pattern!
    Hope you enjoyed some slow stitching time today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt at the top is so beautiful and those reindeer are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your adorable reindeer red work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on the baby quilt. I love those reindeer too - what is that pattern? Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your finish. When you finish your bag, you can link it up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you have lots of fun things lined up for this month! I know you will get your baby quilt finished--it's so cute! Love the red work too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fabrics you selected for your zippered bag.

    I was so tired last night that I fell asleep during the Broncos / Raiders game. No Slow Sunday Stitching for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The reindeer are cute for a December project. I have a bluework embroidery project ready but have not settled on what blue to use. It is for a big snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fall colors in the quilt in the top picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your goals for this months OMG. Your embroidery looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that first quilt. It is so perfect for this time of year! I also, did a little handwork while watching the game, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!