Sunday, November 13, 2016

Christmas Embroidery 2


 Happy Sunday! I finished my other Christmas Red Work Embroidery on Thursday and packed it up to send to my daughter as part of the dorm decorations I gathered to make her dorm more festive for the next month plus. I forgot to take a picture, so I will beg her to send me one when it arrives. This second Christmas embroidery is also from Red Brolly--they have three Christmas designs posted for free. Here is the link to this one:
My daughter loves Christmas and Elf is her favorite movie, so I sent her this t-shirt and expect that she will channel her Buddy the Elf as she decorates her room.
My Quilty Fun class is winding down, so I decided to sew some of my tutorial blocks together. They will be added to my random blocks stash and get used eventually for something--maybe some adorable zipper pouches.
I won one of the prices from the OMG October Challenge. Heidi sent me these awesome fat quarters and two spools of Aurifil thread. I have never used Aurifil thread because I am a frugal quilter and it is beyond my budget, but I am looking forward to trying it out.
Heidi also included this First Day of School pattern in my package. Such a great idea because it looks like it came from an old calendar! I think I will have to make this up, but in modern or country colors or maybe one of each. Thank you so much Heidi!

I got very excited this week when Carole revealed her plans for her next quilt along Scrap Dance Waltz. She is planning to post our first instructions this week. Carole designs the most amazing scrap quilts and I am in love with this one! I am thinking I might make it extra big for the bed quilt I have wanted to make. Here is a link about the design:

Today, I plan on spending some time cleaning up my sewing room, so I will be ready to dive in on the Scrap Dance Waltz Quilt Along. I also need to see how many more Ugly Christmas Sweater Blocks I need for my tablecloth and get cracking on that. I will also continue to work on my Christmas Red Work Embroidery 2 for Slow Sunday Stitching. Check out everyone else's progress here: https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2016/11/fearless-slow-sunday-stitching.html

Have a great week!


13 comments:

  1. So many wonderful projects! Thank you for sharing the online Christmas pattern with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to see everyone's Christmas projects! Your red work embroidery is very festive! My daughter loves the Elf movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects. Never seen elf maybe I will watch it leading up to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric you won! I rarely sew with Aurifil either, because of the cost, but I do like it. Have fun playing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognized the Red Brolly Christmas design right away. I was wondering if you were making it for a gift but read that you have it out on loan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the mention of Scrap Dance Waltz! First post will be Wednesday, I am still working out the math, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love all your projects! Your redwork is just outstanding, love that and will check out the link.

      Delete
  7. I think you'll like the Aurifil thread. Craftsy regularly has it on sale as does one of my local quilt shops. Plus there's a lot of thread on the spool.
    What do you use to mark your embroidery designs. I tried using pencil but I can barely see the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! I am so happy you are enjoying the bundle!
    And I adore that saying for your Christmas stitchery, yikes , I can't believe it is creeping up already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projects. Elf is is my favorite comedy holiday movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Red Brolly design and pretty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects all around. Still loving that red embroidery! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!