Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Terrible Cold

Well, I have had one of the least productive weeks ever, but at least I have a good excuse. I came down with a terrible cold--you know it is bad when even the kids in my class avoided me and told me to use hand sanitizer! I did not touch a sewing thing until today. I did manage to cut and sew the borders on my 2016 Butterfly Threads Mystery Quilt during this morning's football games.
I ran outside when the wind seemed to calm to down for a picture because this is my October One Monthly Goal (OMG) and I have to get it posted ASAP. Here is the link for that:
 I love this picture because Fergie made an appearance and got rather spooked by my flapping in the wind quilt/kite. She even put her ears down and cowered a bit. Not much scares her...
This is the backing I have in my stash for the mystery quilt. I have five yards which is good because the quilt is big! Now, it heads to the large to be quilted pile.
One of my schools is having a Halloween Carnival tomorrow night, so I am making bundt cakes for the cake walk. I made two devil's food this morning and have two spice cakes in the oven now. I will melt the cans of icing in the microwave and drizzle them on top. Wrap them up in plastic wrap, label them, and deliver in the morning.

I am working on an embroidery project for Slow Sunday Stitching, but it is secret--so no pictures yet. Be inspired with other handwork here:

Have you been participating in the Missing Market posts over on Instagram? I have and have loved seeing all the things there and from the Quilt Market in Houston. My Instagram is @tanyaquiltsinco
This will be another Lori Holt Sew Along in 2017--count me in!

Have a great week!



18 comments:

  1. Your Butterfly Threads quilt is looking great! And I'm so impressed by your cake baking. I would have a hard time not keeping at least one of those! I always look over what you are reading - and put some of those books on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the quilt looks wonderful and you have me craving cake now :) Hope that cold gets better asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks gorgeous!! And I wish I was good at baking. It just doesn't usually work out too well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butterfly Theads looks great. So nice to meet the OMG Goal - Congrats. Hope you are feeling better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see your quilt top completed. It is so hard to take a good pic when the wind won't stop!!
    Hope you are feeling much better already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your secret project is coming along nicely. Your big quilt is beautiful, flapping in the wind! I love that Lori Holt pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mystery quilt is great. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A finished quilt top and four cakes is your idea of "not much" when you have been ill!?! I'm impressed! I love the borders, they are perfect and the backing is going to be great. And those cakes have made me hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one GREAT BIG beautiful quilt top! Looking forward to seeing your secret sewing project, Tanya. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quilt☺ So sorry about the cold♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mystery quilt looks awesome and I think you found the perfect backing! Hope your cold clears up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you're feeling better and you finished your October OMG in the nick of time. It's lovely and the backing is a great pick especially because it's from your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure have been busy since feeling a bit better. The cakes look delish and I love the finish quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your butterfly threads mystery is so pretty! I sure hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Get well soon Tanya - stay out of the wind! Great photo though :D It's a beautiful quilt top you've finished up, and the backing fabric looks gorgeous - it reminds me of a Denyse Schmidt I used last year (I think it was last year anyway). Hope the cake was well received!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you are feeling better. Did you miss any school? It must be hard to stay well being around so many people at school.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Feeling better this week??? Okay....so that 2017 quilt along is so darn cute I'm motivated to finish the final five blocks of the applique one!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!