Sunday, November 1, 2015

Plugging Away

 These are Pie Cherry Blocks from Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book that I cut out all the way back in June for our quilting retreat in July and they were not touched.
 There are 25 of them and I want to set them with some aquas, but I need more aquas first.
 They were made entirely from my stash. I plan on setting these aside while I look for more aquas.
 I am all ready to sew my Farm Girl Vintage blocks into my sampler quilt and will be working on that this week. My blocks are the 6 inch version, but it will still be a large quilt with 48 of them and sashing.
 Last Sunday, I finished three blocks on my Cottage Garden project.
 These three blocks bring my total completed to 9 out of 18, so half way done with the appliqué.
 This is a small quilt with the blocks being 5 inches finished. Once the appliqued blocks are done, I do plan on hand quilting it. I will plug away with this today for Slow Sunday Stitching, see what everyone else is up to here http://kathysquilts.blogspot.com
It has been awhile since I posted a Fergie picture. Here she is with Lola. She is 3 months old and in total puppy mode, but getting bigger. Our friend brought over an elk leg that we cut into 3 pieces and Fergie hoards then all on her bed, but they are sharing them and getting along perfectly. 

We only had 5 kids come by trick or treating last night. We do live in a subdivision, but there are not many kids who live in it and everyone has a lot between 1.5 and 3 acres which means the houses are spread out. Not worth the effort I guess! I plan on making use of the extra hour today with lots of sewing and football. Have a great week!

25 comments:

  1. Cherries are so cute! and I love your cottage garden...it is lovely!!
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects! Your applique is especially wonderful - it will look beautiful hand quilted too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wool applique added to your pieced blocks and those cherries look so cherrful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your applique. I can hardly wait to start some wool applique. You have given me the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cherries and your applique and the puppy has grown so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are beautiful and the pups are adorable. I am looking forward to watching the progress on both quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice cheery cherry blocks! I made 9 chicken blocks that I need to sash and quilt in to a wall hanging. The wool applique is cute too. Have fun sewing today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your older dog doesn't look too impressed with being sat upon. We had an older dog and got a puppy too. They do teach each other things. Sadly we lost our older gal in August but the puppy is helping to fill the void.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cherry blocks and the fur babies are cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cherry blocks and the cottage garden blocks are looking great. It will be lovely to see them together in their own quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely progress on your projects. And I love your sweet furbabies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An elk leg?!?! That's not something we get over here, haha! Your woolly appliqué is looking gorgeous Tanya - I really love the texture and the way it's raised above the surface. Your cherry blocks look good enough to eat too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great projects! When do you find time to eat or sleep??!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nicely done. Cute doggies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the red and white big check cherry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cherry blocks! That book is on my list to get. I love everything I've seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
  17. that settles it.....I am going to have to get that book....cherries! seriously.....my favourite....I have to make one too.
    nice slow stitching on the wool project too. Thanks for linking up at Bits'nBobs....till next time,
    Cathxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tanya, your cherry quilt is going to be just darling! I just love the cherry pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cherries! But I think I like little Fergie puppy hoarder best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those Cherry Pie blocks are delicious!! Fergie and Lola look like sweethearts

    ReplyDelete
  21. I remember your cherries, that is going to be the sweetest quilt!
    We have never had a trick or treater visit our home. No streetlights or sidewalks, I believe that is the culprit,

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, you have such pretty projects to work on! I like that you are going to be doing some hand quilting, I love the look of a quilt that's been done by hand. I'm looking forward to seeing all your progress! Thanks for linking up to MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Cottage Garden blocks are fabulous! And your cherries are very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your Cherry Quilt is going to be super sweet! Love those fabrics!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!