Saturday, November 28, 2015

Ready to Quilt

My week of sewing has continued. I did stop and bake for Thanksgiving--two pumpkin pies and my first cheesecake--a chocolate chip decadent one to be exact! Plus, I took care of some Christmas shopping both in store and on-line. I finished piecing my border for my Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas Quilt last night and just snapped a quick picture before I get it ready for quilting. This will be a sample for the BOM I am teaching next year of Lori Holt's Quilty Fun book.
This little snowman is going to be the label. He needs some embroidered arms and buttons.
I went to Joann's this morning to take advantage of their 50% off coupons and 60% off of the designer quilting fabric. This pink is so soft and I decided would be an excellent backing for the Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas quilt. I think I will just cross hatch quilt it on my Pfaff and then add on all the embellishments.
This gorgeous quilt arrived yesterday from Deborah in California for my mom's charity quilt drive. My picture does not do the colors justice--they are gorgeous. She also sent lovely fabric for the backing. My mom has 96 quilts completed enough to be donated to all the residents at two nursing homes in our town. She is also gathering more lap quilts for another nursing home for Christmas 2016!
It has gotten chilly in our neck of the woods, but we have had very little snow in our immediate area. Our surrounding mountains are covered and everyone is excited for ski season. It is cuddling weather for our dogs. Fergie, the puppy, loves to be between Lola and Bella with all three squeezed on one bed. I had to snap this picture through the window to actually catch her and Bella sleeping.

I will be keeping warm with some binding and hand quilting for Slow Sunday Stitching


29 comments:

  1. Your holiday quilt went together so well. Should be a good one for teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a productive week you've had!! Such a festive finish Tonya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It shouldn't surprise me, but I can't believe you are finished. I'm really unhappy with how my blocks look together. Too many mismatched fabrics within my patchwork. I think I might separate mine into separate blocks for mug rugs and start over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out adorable! I wish I had joined in on that QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful, and I love the border! Glad you have had this break and filled it with sewing. You are welcome to some of our snow - it hasn't really quit snowing here since Wednesday night! Feels more like Christmas than Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is such a cute quilt. What a great pattern

    ReplyDelete
  7. THe Christmas quilt is so festive, I love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas top is so much fun! And to put it together so quickly! Using the snowman as the label is my favorite part.
    I'm jealous of your vacation! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, I am so excited and happy to hear that your Mom has so many quilts for her charitable efforts. You both really did great.

    Second, your projects are adorable. If I lived closer, I would certainly take your class.

    Lastly, the dogs own my heart. That is the cutest picture of the three of them.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt you have made!! The second quilt is beautiful too...your Mum has done a fantastic job with gathering and making quilts!! Wish I could take your class too!! Wonderful photo of the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to look again to see the puppy between the two bigger dogs. Too funny.

    You've been really busy lately. I love your Christmas quilt. It is so cheerful. And you got a great deal on the JoAnn's fabric. I try to avoid JoAnn's on weekends; it's bad enough on weekday afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Christmas quilt. It's time to put Christmas quilts up and out around here. I realize I don't particularly like my small one. Must be time for a replacement, next year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A snowman label?! How fun is that?! Such a fun and festive quilt. Hope you had fun with your slow stitching. :) I spent the ice storm here knitting in between entertaining my stir crazy kiddos. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with the border on your quilt! How festive and fun. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Christmas quilt turned out so cute! I love the scrappy border. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love your Christmas quilt! That pink is so pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilt turned out so cute!!! Where are you teaching it - and when? That would be so fun!! ( to attend!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the quilt and can't wait to see it quilted. The backing fabric is gorgeous....made me want to go out and shop for fabric...but I must resist! I love the picture of the 3 dogs too....now I also want to adopt another puppy.....just look what has your blog done to me this week!!! thanks for linking up at Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt is beautiful Tanya and you'll have fun teaching that class! How cute to see the dogs all cuddled up together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great to see you making the most of your sewing time. The Christmas quilt is looking great and I love the block for the label.
    Great bargains when you can get 60% off! Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Tanya! What a fun quilt and the snowmen is so cute! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm always happy to have some Christmas eye candy... love the quilt top. Merry Christmas xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your quilt top for Christmas, hope you get it quilted in time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great looking quilt for Christmas! Congrats on gathering so many quilts for the nursing homes! ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE your Christmas quilts. The Snowman label is extra cute! And your furbabies are sweet! Thank you for Linking up with Sew Simple Saturday! xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  26. HI,this is such a cute quilt! Thanks for sharing!
    msstitcher1214@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your holiday quilt. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your border alone took a lot of time to make and the piecing on your blocks, terrific. What a great holiday quilt!
    I am thrilled for the nursing home residents for the great Christmas gifts they are getting this year thanks to you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've got to ask; in Deborah's quilt, did she mean to have the block in the second to bottom row, far right rotated another 90 degrees? It's messing with my quilty OCD. I love your Have Yourself a Quilty Little Christmas quilt. I wonder if I can still find it on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!