Sunday, November 22, 2015

A Stitching Sunday

 When Lorna featured this door banner the other day on her blog http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com/2015/11/santas-reindeer-blocks-for-100-blocks.html
I had to make it! I picked up the Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks magazine yesterday and immediately started cutting. I actually made two--it is just as easy to cut for two at the same time. They are both ready for me to bind tonight while watching the Sunday night football game for Slow Sunday Stitching http://kathysquilts.blogspot.com
I decided to try quilting them with Lorna's suggestion of organic wavy lines and it was very easy and quick.
 The backing is an oldie from stash that has all kinds of animals. The candy cane stripe is from Joann's and is not the best quality, but I decided to use it anyway.
 This morning I hand sewed the binding down on my niece's birthday banner.
 It is already to be mailed.
 Last year, I cross stitched this quilt block sampler that was featured on Little Miss Shabby's blog. Donna found the link for me http://corianderquilts.com/quilty-stitches/I plan on framing this for my sewing room, but I have been itching to start another cross stitching project.
I have prepped everything for this sheep. It is a companion pattern to a cow and pig I think I made back when I was a newlywed. I figured I would get this done before any other cross stitch project. I am off to make dinner and stitch the night away!

15 comments:

  1. The reindeer door banner turned out great. I love the binding and backing fabrics.

    I haven't cross-stitched in many years. I don't have time for it anymore but I do love to look at cross-stitch projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects! I really like the wavy line quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All lovely, lovely projects....I do love the christmas banner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO many nice projects here....And Santa stops here is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great projects. Love the Santa stops here, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your machine is humming! Not much sewing for me right now as we've had lots of family visits....(SMILES) Off to work for two days...grrrr...continue to enjoy your fun sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The reindeer banner is so cute. You made that fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely door banners Tanya! Love the patchwork cross stitch and looking forward to watching your progress on the sheep! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on 2 (TWO!) reindeer banners. I've made that reindeer block and it is time consuming... but you are definitely right -- cutting for two makes so much sense. I need to visit Lorna's page to check out her banner too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tanya, your door banners and cross stitched projects are each terrific! You just might be the first to complete Lorna's reindeer, LOL. I love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun door banner. The crossed stitched sampler is pretty amazing, as is that sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bailey's birthday banner is so cute and I *love* the crosshatch quilting you did on it. Adorable! Thanks for linking to MCM, and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are all wonderful projects! Have fun stitching and watching football! Go Panthers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That door banner is so CUTE!. I seen a quilt made with the deer heads, and had to go get my copy of the magazine. Now to just find time to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks great and Lorna does have the neatest patterns! I love your cross-stitch sheep too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!