Saturday, October 3, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage Blocks Done!

 So I got behind on the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along blocks, so I finally bit the bullet and got caught back up. Here are the Pinwheels Block, the Postage Stamp Block, the Scrappy Maple Leaf Block, and the Scrappy Strawberry Block.
 Last night for Friday Night with Friends (FNwF), I worked on these blocks. See what everyone else did all over the world http://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com/2015/09/fnwf.html
This is the Simple Star Block, the Spring Star Block, the Summer Star Block, and the Sunday Morning Block.
 Today, I made these-- the Sunny Sunflower Block, the Tumbleweed Block,
the Water Turn Block, and the Welcome Block.
These were the final two blocks featured yesterday, the Winter Star Block and the Woolly Sheep Block. I need to embroider the legs on the sheep and its eyes. Lori Holt's blog said that the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along will be continuing. I am not sure how I am going to set all 45 blocks yet, but they are DONE!
I made the Lori Holt Bee in my Bonnet Row Along a couple of years ago and still have not finished it up. I am scheduled to teach it next year as a BOM for our local fabric store, so my top is hanging in the store. I probably should finish it up before I worry about these blocks...
 I have not done much handwork lately, but I did finish this wool felt block up
 and started on this one for the Cottage Garden quilt I have been working on. I feel the need to slow down, so I plan on continuing to work on this tomorrow for Slow Sunday Stitching http://kathysquilts.blogspot.com while I watch a full day of football.
I have also been working on my Dog Gone Cute quilt, but I am saving that to reveal on Tuesday, October 13th when my blog is part of the blog hop. Don't worry though Fergie will be included!

30 comments:

  1. love your blocks just starting this same one in a local quilt shop sew along in two weeks. Today I finally picked my background

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Farm Girl Vintage blocks, too! The colors you've chosen are wonderful. Enjoy your Sunday stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As i was scrolling through your Farm Girl Vintage blocks I was going...ooh, I love the strawberry...ooh, I love the sunflower...but truth be told...I love them all...beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work catching up on all the blocks. So much to do! I love the ones you are doing in wool felt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have managed a lot of sewing, so many blocks and they are all done.
    Great progress.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite the catch-up ; the blocks are lovely and that little rabbit is ALMOST as cute as the puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blocks! I bought the book but haven't started my Farm Girl Vintage quilt yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made many beautiful blocks! I particularly like the sheep. Your choice of colors is what first caught my eyes. I'm looking forward to seeing them all assembled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on finishing your Farm Girl Vintage blocks. I am still very far behind.

    Love your wool blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the wool blocks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a lot of work with an AWEsoME ending Tonya!! Thanks so much for linking up.. not sure why you don't show in my blog roll though! lol Must address this issue! Wonderful work.. all of it .. and your row by row quilt is excellent too .. will enjoy seeing you quilt it! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy seeing your blocks. I'm still not home to be able to finish mine up. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have made a few farm girl blocks too. Your wool appliqué looks good. Happy sewing !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great quilt blocks, I like those! Give Fergie a tummy rub!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Tanya! I'm just so in love with the fabric mix in your Farmgirl Vintage project. But, oh! That bunny is just so sweet, isn't it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW... when you catch up, you catch up. Well done on getting so many blocks completed.

    Your wool felt blocks look great!

    Thanks for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Farm girl blocks are very impressive. It's a pity you haven't managed to finish the Bee in my Bonnet because it's so pretty and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the dotted background on your Farm Girl quilt. It is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Tanya,

    I am visiting from SuperMomNoCape's Stitchery Link Party.

    I think all your blocks look great, and I especially like your wool felt blocks!

    I don't really quilt, but have made a lap quilt and started two other quilts - but I am yet to blog about any of these!

    Nice to meet you.

    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay...totally inspired now to get going on my metro rings...which is a UFO...that is sitting under another UFO now!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Drooling over all your blocks and your quilts! Love your colours, fabrics and composition - FABULOUS!!!!! Farm Girl Vintage is one of my favourite quilt patterns - I am especially in love with the sheep block! What a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are looking so great! I am behind as well and am hoping to play a bunch of catch up during my retreat this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your farmgirl vintage blocks... I have been so inspired by seeing so many all over instagram that I bought the book and have made... just one! But I have plans for many more so thanks for sharing yours.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your farmhouse vintage blocks are so lovely... and the little dog too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow - those are a lot of work. I really love the farmhouse vintage blocks that you showed, you chose the fabrics wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So many wonderful stitches being taken in your sewing room! Love the puppy photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your Farm Girl blocks are all very pretty.... But I must say, my fave is that Sunny Sunflower Block. You sure have been a busy stitcher! If Fergie is any indication of how cute your quilt for the Dog Gone Cute quilt hop is going to be.... Then I can hardly wait for Tuesday! What an adorable puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Many thanks!
    Robinets de Baignoire

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!