Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunny Slow Stitching Sunday

I made one of these simple drawstring bags for a swap. It went together so quickly, I decided to make Easter  bags using the pattern for my niece and nephew. Here is a link to the tutorial for the bag http://www.incolororder.com/2011/10/lined-drawstring-bag-tutorial.html
 
The embroidery design came as part of Happy Scrappy Spring BOM from this site http://thepaintedquilt.blogspot.com/. It is part of the last month's pattern.

 
It is gorgeous outside today, bright and sunny in the mid-50's. My hubby is doing garden preparations and my teenager is sprawled on a quilt on the lawn doing homework. I will finish this Easter bag and prep some wool felt handwork for a project I have in the works and try to get outside with my Kindle Paperwhite to enjoy some sunshine and a good book.

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute easter gift! Enjoy stitching the second one!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bag. Pretty embroidery. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! I can see a little girl, in her pretty Easter dress dancing around with this as it holds sweet treasures inside. Hope ya got to enjoy the sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag is so cute. I don't blame you for wanting to make more.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!