Sunday, June 23, 2013

Scrap Basket Sunday

I love to use up my scraps and I have a ton of them! As a new quilting blog follower, I have admired many of the Farmer's Wife Sampler quilts. But, I am not a fan of templates, so I certainly did not want to make the blocks by using the templates. This has led me to Lori Holt's block tutorials and to use http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/501-rotary-cut-quilt-blocks-judy-hopkins/1012272635?ean=.

I have been following Kim's Big Quilting Adventure and wanted to participate in her Scrap Basket Sunday. Here are the blocks I made today.


4 comments:

  1. I am so checking out that link! A few months ago I purchased the Farmers Wife book,but am not a fan of templates,so it sits on my book shelf...

    Your blocks are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CeLynn,

      The Judy Hopkins book is so worth it! I don't plan on making all the 100+ block from the Farmer's Wife Sampler. I am only thinking around 50. Be sure and look at Lori Holt's Bee in My Bonet because her tutorial blocks and blocks in her Barn Along are all 6 inch blocks that could be put in the Farmer's Wife Sampler. I am trying to use up my scraps, but not look too country. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That is a fantastic idea! I really like your blocks... very fun way to use your scraps. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh! Pretty blocks! Are you going to work on the Farmer's Wife type blocks each week? I'll look forward to seeing what develops!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!