Sunday, October 13, 2019

Ombre Gems Quilt Along 2


 I have a confession--I wore pajamas all weekend because I just stayed in my sewing room. I got caught up with my blocks for the Ombre Gems QAL. More information is on my right hand side bar--I am using Ombre Confetti fabric. These are my magenta blocks.
 These are the hot pink, popsicle pink, and persimmon blocks and half blocks.
And these are the coral, honey, and mustard blocks and half blocks. It feels good to be back on track.
 I am still behind on the Sunday Best Sampler Sew Along, but the navy I am using for my sashing and binding arrived with the red for my stash--I would rather spend more and get free shipping than pay for shipping!
This is my secret sewing for Fat Quarter Shop--if it is on time, we will reveal in a week. I finished quilting it yesterday and snuggled up under it last night binding it. I have about 1.5 more sides to go, but I will meet my deadline and get this mailed off to be used as a chemo quilt. Yay for Slow Sunday Stitching: https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2019/10/slow-sunday-stitching-retreat-report.html

I have parent/teacher conferences this week, so that will be some long days--but I will have Friday off which makes up for it. Have a great week!


8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! My LQS carries this line of fabric and the quilts I've seen are gorgeous! I love yours as well! Congratulations on catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the Ombre fabric. I only bought enough for two baby quilt backings when I saw it in person but the more projects I've seen made from it, the I wish I would have purchased more. AND THEN YOU POST THESE BLOCKS! Ugh! I need to go shopping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant the Ugh in a good way! Not that your blocks are ugh! The blocks are fabulous!

      Delete
  3. The the ombre and the block! Some of my best most satisfying days are spent in my pajamas sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like the perfect weekend to me... comfy pyjamas and hanging out in the sewing room! Enjoy your binding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to lock yourself away in your sewing room all weekend and stay in your pyjamas! Love those Ombre Gem blocks. Enjoy stitching on your binding. That backing looks ever so tactile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must go look at the QAL... I love your blocks so far. I have a lovely blue ombre that I keep moving around but haven't decided how to use it! Maybe this will inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!