Sunday, November 11, 2018

Vintage Christmas Blocks 1


 Greetings! I got started on the Vintage Christmas blocks. I am making the quilt on the cover, but with turquoise/aqua in lieu of the mint green. There are several projects in the book I plan on making.
 I am also using fabrics from my scrap bins instead of the Lori Holt fabrics in the kits and book.
 My version will be scrappier and probably brighter.
 These are six inch blocks with some tiny pieces. This is going to be a fun BOM for next year!
Last weekend, my daughter and her friends visited Barcelona--they managed to spend some time at the beach where it was in the 70's.
Her bestie on the trip is a guy. Nothing has changed as her best friend in kinder and first grade was a boy too--less drama! This weekend, she went to Copenhagen to check it out and visit her friend who is there for this semester. She has a few more trips scheduled in the next month--Paris, Portugal, and Ireland before she comes back to Colorado mid-December! 

4 comments:

  1. Those blocks are so cute! I love your color choices, Tanya - pink/red and aqua are always so pretty together. Looks like your daughter is having an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to use my own fabrics, too. Just more fun for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!