Sunday, November 25, 2018

Name Quilt 2 Finish

 Hi! Remember I made a Jonah Name Quilt a few weeks ago? Well, my daughter's bestie from high school asked me if I could make one for her new nephew, Lhiam. She saw my Jonah Quilt on my Instagram, how could I say no? She asked for light orange, light yellow, light green, and I suggested aqua/light blue. Pastels aren't really my thing, so I bought a few quarter yards, but I did find enough in my stash to pull it together.
 I used aqua minky on the back, it is smooth and so soft!
Although, the Name Quilt pattern can be found in Lori Holt's Spelling Bee book, I used the New Puppy block found in her Vintage Christmas book. I also made this quilt wider and longer than the pattern calls for. It measures 40 x 50 inches after washing.
This puppy is too cute!
Since I was off this week, I spent some time trying to reorganize my sewing room. I went through all my Bonnie & Camille fabrics. I have eight fat quarter bundles in a tub still in their ribbons, another tub has the yardage, and two smaller boxes have the scraps. I instructed my hubby if we ever have to evacuate our home, he should grab the tub of fat quarter bundles! He asked about by my sewing machine and I said to leave it--it is easily replaced, but not all those B&C fabrics are! As I was organizing the scraps, I decided to cut the fabrics for this Spools 2 Quilt. All of my spools will be scrappy with no repeats!
Here is that scrappy goodness! I ordered some B&C fabrics at a Black Friday sale and I am waiting to see if one of those fabrics will be better than a plain white background.
My daughter spent this week in Portugal! They visited both Porto and Lisbon.
She loved Portugal--it was inexpensive especially compared to Paris.
They had amazing food, rode around on motorized scooters,
and got an ocean fix with a boat ride. One more trip is scheduled to Ireland before finals and her return to the US on December 14.

I return to work tomorrow for four weeks before Winter Break. We had a little snow yesterday, so it is really feeling like winter here. I have a couple pork tenderloins in the crockpot to help with meals this week. Cook once eat twice right?

I finally get to reveal my Fat Eighth Fruitcake Quilt on Wednesday for the Fat Quarter Shop--it is a great free pattern, so be sure to pop over and see it!

3 comments:

  1. Those name quilts are just great, and it looks like they come together quickly! The spools quilt will be fun, too. I can definitely see why you would be sure to rescue your B&C fabric stash before anything else! Hope your 4 weeks go by fast - I know how crazy this time of year can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What another delightful name baby quilt. You get those done so quickly. I know we each have bundles of fabrics that are our faves and would hate to loose them. Glad you didn't get as much so now as the mountains did. We saw no snowflakes this weekend in Fort Collins. Your daughter has had a unbelievable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful name quilt. And, ooh that cute little dog! I know the baby will love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!