Sunday, March 18, 2018

Scrap Quilting


My favorite kind of quilting is scrap quilting which is why I like so many of Lori Holt's designs because they lend themselves to using scraps. This week we made the scrappy heart and globe blocks for the Spelling Bee Sew Along.
Since it was St. Patrick's Day, I decided to make a curved log cabin block in greens. I have not joined in on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2018, but I have been itching to start a scrappy project--a curved log cabin quilt to keep for myself. Having a ongoing scrap project is my favorite, so this is it.
 Today, I finished up a purple block 
and a light blue block too.
Earlier in the week, I made my Clementine March Blocks for that quilt along and had some leftover half square triangles. I made this little zip pouch for a friend.
 I had to go to Joann's to pick up some scrap booking paper and of course I always check what they have on sale. I found this fantastic white with black print for $5 a yard. I think it will make the perfect backing for my Postcard from Sweden Quilt. I got 8.5 yards of it, so I can use it for another backing too.
The scrapbooking paper was for a Spring Care Package for my daughter--I always line the large priority mail boxes with five pieces of scrapbooking paper that I trim a little and tape it inside. My daughter had her spring break this last week and went to California to visit her grandma, so we did not get to see her--I hope these goodies remind her we miss her!

5 comments:

  1. You've got some great projects going on, Tanya! I love those curved log cabin blocks - I should put them on my list to make sometime. Cute pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That globe fabric is perfect! And your care package will be very appreciated I'm sure. I need to get started on mine. You made it so cute with the scrapbook papers. I should really make more of an effort, but I'm pretty sure my boys wouldn't even notice. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great log cabin blocks and the pouch is sweet too. That backing fabric looks wonderful.
    Love the care package and the way you use the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great spring care package! I love that you decorated the inside. Great log cabin blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your patchwork hearts and your wonderful curvy log cabin blocks. I've always wanted to make a curvy log cabin too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!