Thursday, March 15, 2018

Hideaway Quilt Along

Greetings! This is my version of the Hideaway Quilt--I opted for a black with gray polka dots for my sashing and binding. The black really frames the fabulous panels and the big blocks. Everything else is exactly what the free pattern used. (There is a link below.)
Using panels is a great way to make a baby quilt quickly, and Art Gallery Fabrics created these fun and modern looking panels with positive messages along with the adorable factor! They are part of their Nest collection.
Since the fabrics are modern and sleek, I decided to quilt it with a modern one inch grid pattern.
Isn't this bear precious?
The pieced blocks are big, simple, and speedy to make. You only have to make four of the X's and four of the +'s. I spent a lot more time grid quilting this than piecing.  This is a very good sized baby/toddler quilt that finishes 58 1/2" x 58 1/2"
For my backing, I used a white with black dots that make circular patterns to offset all of my quilting squares.  Kimberly from the Fat Quarter Shop has an awesome tutorial available on You Tube, here is the link:
Here is the pattern:

Thank you Fat Quarter Shop for providing the fabrics for the top! I had a great time making this quilt.
#fqsquiltalong
#hideawayquilt
#agfstitched



7 comments:

  1. It is a really cute quilt! Love your grid quilting. So what are your plans for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sashing you used, it really enhances the quilt! The machine quilting is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilitng! Such great texture...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool quilt! Love the bears here and there, and the coloring is nicely unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quilt Tanya! Oh AGF how I love thee, and the panel you used (so well!) is just perfect for a baby/toddler quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!