Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sewing Room Update

 Happy Sunday! I finished my Mini Swoon Quilt this week--it is now hanging in my reorganized sewing room.
I also finished my Christmas Patchwork Swoon top today! I used Kate Spain's Northwoods fabrics along with some Bonnie and Camille fabrics. It does not scream Christmas, but it looks so pretty.
 The light aqua is a Kona called Iced Frappe that I found at Joann's. I still need to figure out my borders, but I want to put minky on the back to make it extra cozy for Christmas cuddling 2017.
 My sewing room reorganization is pretty much done, so here are some pictures. Behind my door, I have this antique and very rustic ladder I have some quilts displayed on.
 Next is my comfy chair. I would like to replace this eventually with a different colored chair maybe aqua/black/gray, but this is a good size and I stole it from my guest room years ago, so it was a freebie. I do need to make a new lap quilt eventually with some of my B&C stash. I use my vintage sewing box as a side table and my Journey of a Quilter is on the wall.
 My scraps are organized by color in rolling carts underneath my sewing table. My OCD hubby thinks I should replace these with cube storage and bins that would hide the mess better, but I would rather spend the money on new fabric!
Here is the top of my cutting table with a huge cutting mat, my rulers, a vintage sewing machine cabinet drawer,  a three-tiered galvanized server, cracker jars, and some mini quilts. The cabinet above is recycled from my kitchen--I want to paint it the same aqua as my ironing station, but my hubby thinks it is a bad idea...I will have to keep working on him!
Here are some of my mini quilts displayed near my cutting table. Many of them were blocks from B&C's Snapshots quilt along from 2015.
Of course, here is the ironing station that started everything. The Wal had four more galvanized tubs when I went grocery shopping this morning. They are huge and have rubber pads on the bottoms to prevent scraping up my pretty cabinet.
Do you see my flying pig? My mom and dad gave him to me for Christmas and he was lime, but my hubby painted him to match everything--I need to add some wings!
 On this side of the room, I rearranged my thread in the corner and have another recycled kitchen cabinet above.
Here is my new Mini Swoon and inspiration board.
On my sewing machine table, I have this galvanized organizer with my pins in half pint jars and my ironing sprays. Underneath is my rolling cart that holds my Singer Featherweight and my traveling sewing supplies.
To the left of my sewing machine table, I have this old computer armoire full of UFOs and WIPs. I thought about getting rid of this, but then I would have to figure out what to do with my TV and it is great storage!
 This is the small walk in closet. Fabric is stored in tubs on each side of my bookshelf.
Here is the last bit of my 12x12' room with my new Moda Sampler Block Shuffle, my heater/fake wood stove, and my vintage picnic basket. I would like to recover my office chair to coordinate and get a new trashcan, but I am pretty satisfied with my updated sewing room.
I am going to spend the evening quilting the border on the Salt Box Houses Quilt for Slow Sunday Stitching

Now that I am super organized in my sewing room, I should be getting more done!




33 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed your tour!! Such a cozy area and love the aqua. All your little samplers are cute and add joy to your space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a homey and functional space. Would a table skirt on your cutting table still give you access to your scrap bins and keep 'some people' from dissing your space? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created a wonderful workspace. All of your supplies are closely and easily accessible.that makes sewing fun and efficient. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Tanya, your sewing room looks amazing - I am in absolute awe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow!! Lucky you! Wonderful room for you to continue creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely and efficient room, using every inch. The cabinets would look great painted. Love your mini quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful space to inspire creativity! Love all of your minis and I would LOVE to make a mini swoon. Can you tell me where to obtain the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sewing space, well done!! I have to find a ladder like that for my quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, everything looks so neat and tidy. Great remodel. Love all your minis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas Patch Swoon is wonderful--love it. How great is your quilting space!?! I'm almost inspired to redo my sewing space which is in nightmare phase right now--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't imagine you being any more productive. I'm always amazed at the many projects you finish.

    I love your reorganized sewing room. So many pretty quilts and everything is arranged so efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful sewing room! Eye candy everywhere :) I love all the minis on the wall too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous space. Perfectly organized and pretty to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should be pleased! I would love to spend some cozy days in there sewing away! Everything has a place and it's all so well organized. I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sewing room looks wonderful! Mine needs a major clean up....would you like to come over to help?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great combination of storage and comfort. It's a beautiful place to sit and sew.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great looking room! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your swoon quilts are so gorgeous! You have a great creative hide out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your patchwork swoon. Is it a commercially available pattern? Actually, I'll have to compare it to a pattern I bought last year that might be the same as yours. Hum.... I love your colors. I wished my JoAnns had that iced frappe. It is wonderful. My store is only 5 minutes away but is smaller than some of them. You've done a great job of organizing the studio. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your room is looking wonderful. You have put so much thought into the layout and colours. It will be a pleasure to work in and enjoy. Well done.
    Lovely work on your quilts, too. The mini looks perfect hanging in your room.And the Christmas Swoon is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous sewing room!! So very much to love :-)
    Happy sewing ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for linking up with my first linky part DrEAMi! So I'm trying to figure out just what project was the Drop Everything one...was it the big patchwork swoon? It's very pretty! Lovely sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love your little space and am swooning over your swoons. they are on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looove that mini swoon quilt, it's on my to do list since a long time! Great sewing space you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is the absolute best sewing room tour I have ever taken. I'm inspired! I agree with you on both the see-through bin scrap storage and painting the cabinet above. I wonder, does he not think it needs painting because he has to do it? Either way it is a lovely functioning space to spend your time in! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your Swoon quilts are beautiful. All of your mini quilts are great too! The pineapple, strawberry and the red car quilt are my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your sewing room is so pretty that it makes me want a pretty space to sew in. My husband wants me to move my sewing room upstairs to an empty bedroom, but I want it for when my kids come home and need a place to stay, besides, my sewing room has cabinets and drawers that I cannot afford to build upstairs.

    Your mini swoon quilt inspires me so much. I just love it! I also love your Christmas quilt and didn't even pick up on the Christmas part until you mentioned it. The small scrappy square really make it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this, Tanya! Shine on! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this, Tanya! Shine on! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!