Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sewing Room Organization Continues


My Moda Sample Block Shuffle was finished last weekend, but I was not able to get outdoor photos until this morning. It measures 39.5 x 47 inches. I had thought about using it for a baby gift, but it fits into my new color scheme in my sewing room--I am keeping it.
 Here is an up close view of the crosshatch quilting. I quilted on the diagonals at 1.5 inches apart.
Here is the backing with a strip of Bonnie and Camille fabric to make it wide enough.
I am trying to be better about labeling!
 My daughter and I trekked to Hobby Lobby yesterday. I had been looking at some things online and wanted to check them out in person and save on shipping. I picked up this 20 x 20 inch frame with chicken wire to replace my bulky bulletin board (it was a hand me down) and I got tiny aqua clothespins to hang things on it. It was half price, so down to $17.50. I just have to get the other one unscrewed and this one up. It goes well with the aqua and black color scheme.
They also had this three-tiered galvanized serving tray. I have been trying to find one at a thrift store for several years and have had no luck--finding this half priced at Hobby Lobby for $20 seemed reasonable. I am using it on my cutting table to be more organized. I love the little chicken pin cushion peaking out the top.
 This was also a half priced buy at Hobby Lobby--$15. I am not sure where it is going to live. I was not sure about this piece, but my daughter reminded me that it would fit on a windowsill in my sewing room--we have 10 inch thick walls and very wide windowsills. Sold! I still have some things that need to be done in my sewing room--my thread racks relocated, the bulletin board removed and replaced, storage containers for my ironing station, and a portable design board. It will all get done eventually, but I am already thrilled with the changes.
In the meantime, I made some Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks. This month's color is purple and I have a few more purple blocks all ready to sew together.
For Slow Sunday Stitching, I need to add the rest of the details to my snowman and get this ready for hand quilting and buttons. Cozy hand quilting on the couch with the family and football is the perfect way to spend the afternoon and evening. Check out everyone else's slow stitching here:



16 comments:

  1. The three tier tray is wonderful! How useful and a vintage look. I think a trip to Hobby Lobby is in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww, I love the things you got at Hobby Lobby. Your quilt is also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A successful shopping trip and a cute quilt to work on...sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect winter project for hand stitching...enjoy!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish on your latest quilt. The colours are lovely and I can see why you plan to keep it.
    I love all the purchases you have made to help with organising your room. All very practical.
    I look forward to seeing the winter quilt you are working on when it is finished, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Moda Sample Block Shuffle quilt is very pretty. It will go nicely with the sewing room colors that you've shared.

    You got some handy items at great prices from Hobby Lobby. We have one within a couple of miles from me but I never go there. Guess I better give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the fun things you found at Hobby Lobby! They will be useful as well as pretty in your sewing room. Your RSC blocks are great - they will make the perfect rainbow quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are enjoying having your daughter home with you, even though she is a bad influence when it comes to shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dont you just love hobby lobby!!!! You guys did good. Thanks for sharing your studio progress...it's looking great! Happy Stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your winter neighborhood in blue and whites are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds for the revamp sewing space. Please share pictures when it is all done. I like your block for color challenge. I'm still vacillating on the block to use. You may have helped me along on my decision. Not exactly the same block but a half log cabin might work out -- but maybe too many pieces.... I need to decide and do some.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely turquoise blue alternate squares. They really spark your quilt. Congratulations. I'd keep this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those medallion log cabin blocks are one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you are making great progress on your organization. Great purple progress too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so hard to find the proper tools to help organization in the studio. Good to see you've found something to work for you. Great purple fabrics in your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want all of your organizational goodies! That three tiered server is so great, the first thing I noticed was the cute chicken peeking out!
    I'm trying to organize my sewing room too, but I have a hard time with it, since I just want to sew, not clean and tidy up!
    Great purple blocks. I like that design. And your slow stitching project is really cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!