Sunday, December 27, 2015

Last Slow Sunday Stitching of 2015

 There was an NFL game on last night, but it was becoming a blow out, so we decided to watch The Martian. I cannot watch a movie without some handwork, so I grabbed my Cottage Garden Quilt. It has been in limbo for a couple of months because I could not decide how to quilt the borders. Decision made---continue the cross hatch quilting from the blocks into the borders with the help of some blue painter's tape and perle cotton. I am in love with using the blue painter's tape and may invest in some more rolls with different widths. I continued stitching this morning and already have a whole side done. Perhaps this will become a 2015 finish instead of a 2016 one! Check out what everyone else is up to here http://kathysquilts.blogspot.com
 Before I can commit to any new projects for 2016, I want to get a couple of works in progress together. My number one priority is to finish my Farm Girl Vintage top. I decided to make a couple of blocks not included in the book, but that I had purchased or received. I made this adorable 6 inch cow block. It was pretty time consuming to make, but so worth it!
I also made the 6 inch Penny the Pig block, she was much quicker to put together. I have a kit waiting to make the big version this quilt, but I can't start it yet. See self-control--sometimes I have some! :0) I am going to work on assembling these blocks with the sashing and cornerstones today, so I can start on the borders and the backing. 

There are some great football games on today and I was 14-2 last week, so now I am ahead of all the experts on ESPN with 147-77 for the season! It is chilly only 12 degrees right now and not expected to get above 25 degrees for most of the week. Perfect quilting weather!

8 comments:

  1. Lo e the cow and pig block, they are so cute...sound s like you have wonderful quilting weather..we have the opposite here in Australia, was 34 deg C a co
    uple of days ago..we were swimming on Christmas Day afternoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget about using the blue painters tape! Thanks for reminding me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Your Cottage Garden quilt is gorgeous -- the handwork makes it, I think!! Don't you love your q-snap frame? It makes moving the hoop around so much easier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work with the slow stitching. And i love the cow and pig blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Farm Girl blocks! I think the crosshatch quilting is a great choice for your border--it's looking great! Cottage Garden is on my bucket list--if I ever finish How Does Your Garden Grow--can't wait to see yours finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cow block, would be the perfect potholders, etc., for my "cow" themed kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your big stitch quilting is the icing on the cake! This quilt is going to be spectacular! Love you blocks too~

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little cow block sure cracks me up. :) Hooray for more progress on FGV! And I love that big stitch hand quilting Tanya! Although... how you could take your eyes away from The Martian is beyond me, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!