Saturday, October 18, 2014

FNSI October & SSS

 I had a great time sewing last night for the Friday Night Sew In. Early this week, I had finished my sewing machine cover/mat. I am so smitten with it that I decided I need a matching thread catcher.
So for FNSI, I dug into my scrap bins for 3 1/2 inch squares and did lots of cutting and ironing. These will turn into small hourglasses for the thread catcher.
Don't you think a matching thread catcher is needed? Especially because I have a quilting retreat next weekend!
 I also whipped up my Little Letters L blocks; shockingly, so far I have been keeping up with all the blocks! 
Then, I watched some TV and worked more on my Journey of a Quilter BOM embroidery. And I ended my Friday night with a soak in the tub with bubbles and my funny book! Talk about a prefect Friday night, sewing therapy and soaking therapy. Check out what everyone else accomplished here http://sugarlanequilts.blogspot.com/2014/10/fnsi-sign-ups.html
Today, my friend, Lindsey, came over to quilt and I worked on the hourglass blocks for my thread catcher and getting the wool prepped for the fence block for this BOM. I am behind and my mom is already hand quilting hers! 
For Slow Sunday Stitching and football Sunday, I am going to work on my Journey of a Quilter BOM embroidering, finish up my matching thread catcher, make my Little Letter M blocks, and get everything together for next weekend's retreat. We have parent/teacher conferences this week which means late nights and not much sewing time, so hopefully I can get lots done on Sunday! See what Slow Stitching everyone is working on herehttp://kathysquilts.blogspot.com




19 comments:

  1. You have been very busy Tanya. Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all the projects you have been working on especially your sewing machine mat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bright colours you have used for your sewing machine mat are beautiful. I bet it makes you feel happy every time you look at it! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a lot of progress. Of course you need a thread catcher

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so busy! I'll bet your really looking forward to your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really have been busy!! Love the colours you are using for your thread catcher. Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aughhh confereneces...we just had ours a week ago. Nice thing is we always get a three day weekend to make up for the late days. Love everything you got going on ...you find the BEST BOM. Enjoy packing and getting ready for your retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lot of nice projects to work on / I like the thread catcher idea ; still in love with your sewing machine cover here as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so fun for me to follow as you stitch your journey blocks. I am remembering sewing my own blocks and how I enjoyed each one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely machine mat with fantastic colours. And I love to see your letters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sewing machine mat--so fun and colorful. I need to find my book pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A matching thread-catcher is a must! Your projects are all so fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of cute projects! Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much colorful quilting going on. The thread catcher is a must. Enjoy the retreat and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such cute projects! I love your sewing machine mat and cover!
    I've been doing my letters 1 day a week. They take a whole 20 minutes....it's crazy isn't it?

    Peggy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, what a fun quilting project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a good soak in the tub! And YES, of course you needed a matching threadcatcher. No question there! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!