Sunday, September 21, 2014

What Is the Name of This Block?

 I got this top completely cut and assembled this week! I used fabrics from my scrap bins and stash fabrics for the sashing and border. I even have a similar fabric to the border for the backing.
I had inherited 4 of these blocks from my sister and made 26 more for this quit. I have yet to find the name of this quilt block...Can anyone help me out?
 I also made my E blocks for the Little Letters quilt along over at http://temeculaquiltco.blogspot.com
The cutting directions left out the measurements for the middle line of the E, but Debbie figured it out and posted the dimensions in the comments and it went together perfectly.

 As you can see, I am making two Little Letters quilts, one in bright colors and one in country colors.
I want to piece some of these Journey of a Quilter BOMs I started in April, but it is very difficult because the shop in South Jordan, Utah has not posted any pictures for the last three month's blocks. Needless to say, I have gotten behind and I am ticked. I have called twice, e-mailed three times, and posted comments twice on the shop's blog. It is the Material Girls Quilts in South Jordan and their customer service sucks!!!! If I had not already invested $115, I would just quit. Spread the word that they are unreliable and have terrible customer service. I will just have to wing it and piece one of these blocks to work on for Slow Sunday Stitching. Check out what everyone is up to for handwork here http://kathysquilts.blogspot.com

P.S. The quilt that I completed this week was supposed to be a wedding gift, and I was going to have a contest to name it. However, the wedding has been cancelled and this quilt will go into my UFO pile until I need it for something else. Sorry for any confusion!

19 comments:

  1. I don't know the name of the block. I'll suggest for the wedding quilt name "Stars in Our Eyes". Pretty quilt, I'm sure the newlyweds will love it. If you want to email me, I can be reached at craftnut at rocket mail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naming quilts can be tough at times. That is so aggravating about your BOM. Did you put it on your credit card? If so, you may have some recourse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One name for the block is Star and Cross. Another is Four X Star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the name of the block pattern in your quilt is "Sister's Choice."
    Great looking quilt, and I like your little letters too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Block is called "Star Crossed":

    http://www.squawkthat.com/2013/08/star-crossed-quilt-block-tutorial.html
    HTH!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure what the block is but it looks great. For your Journey of a Quilter try contacting Leanne she may be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilt. The stars are stunning!
    Frustrating with the BOM. Are you doing it in a different colourway to the original? Leanne B usually has pics on her site of the original.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW the top is beautiful / all in a week's time ...you go girl!!! :) I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Star crossed or four x Star is what I think it is. Would've been cool if they were "sister choice" pattern. It is pretty close. You could call it a variation? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go to this webpage for BOM pics:

    Journey of a Quilter Block of the Month Quilt - Typepad
    leanneshouse.typepad.com/photos/journey_of_a_quilter_bloc/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The block is call Sister's Choice or Star and Cross

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know the block as Sister's Choice because that's the same block I'm working on in civil war reproductions. Since wedding was cancelled you can now call the quilt Wrong Choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun little letters. A good idea to make two at the same time. I'v made my first ones too now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an action packed post! Love your finished top. It is the Sister's Choice block, and is very similar to the Farmer's Daughter block. Both are a couple of my favourites! Your Alphabet letters are coming along nicely. The BOM bust? What a rip off! Sorry to hear you are having to deal with this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful quilt! I love the warm, autumn colors, so I would probably go with something fall related for the name (you know I LOVE naming my quilts!). cute little letters too!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not sure what it is called, but it looks beautiful. I don't think it's sister's choice, though, as I've made one of those and it was different with the points.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm of no help with the block name but that quilt is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whatever it's called, it looks like a wonderful cozy quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh about the BOM service. Pretty weird that they'd let it go 3 months without addressing the issue, and appalling that no calls or emails are being returned. :( Your quilt top is stunning. And it is a variation of Sister's Choice, by the way, so you have that option available for name considerations. The block looks more like a from-the-top view of a gift to me than a star. Love your letters!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!