Monday, October 21, 2013

Quilty Fun Arrived!

I am so excited to have received Lori Holt's new book! My mom and I ordered it as soon as it was announced. We both made the row along this summer and fell in love with Lori's designs.

This Sewing Machine Cover & Mat Design will be one of the first projects I make from the book. I have a white/minty green Singer Featherweight that I take on retreats, get togethers, and classes.

Last time, I used my Featherweight at a retreat, it really needed something under it to help stabilize it on the table, so this will be perfect. The spools are also pockets to put things in for easy access when sewing.

I really like the navy background for this quilt and how it makes the bright fabrics pop. Add this one to my to do list.

This apple quilt will be must make for my classroom.
Here is my row along I made this summer. I am still undecided about my borders for it, which is why I have not finished it. My mom has hers done, beautifully quilted, and already hanging on her wall. I bought a turquoise for a plain border, but I do like Lori's pieced border. I am not sure I want it to finish that big. I did buy a gorgeous red backing and my mom has offered to quilt it, so I better decide!

I cannot wait for November 1st when Lori Holt will announce the details for her quilt along on her beeinmybonnetblog!

16 comments:

  1. I got my book last Friday, I love it too. I also made the Row Along quilt. I did the pieced border and I love how it turned out. I still need to get mine quilted. And I need to figure out where I'll hang it afterward. Might have to change things up on my sewing room walls. As far as what I want to make: I already made the Fall Leaves table topper only cause I had 12 extra leaf blocks and it was a good way to use them. I might make the Snowball Fight next with Christmas fabrics. Have fun at your retreat. Ask your Mom if you can show us a picture of her Row Along quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt top is spectacular, have fun with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything Lori Holt designs is awesome! Your row along quilt is absolutely darling! Great job on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have been stalking the book and not-so-sutlely hinting to my husband that I would like this book for Christmas! I just can't wait, I wasn't able to participate in the quilt-a-long, but I love her work, which project are you the most excited about? I just have to do that apple quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the top from the row-along! Your's turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always keen to do a row by row quilt. One day ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Row quilt is super cute. I'm not sure you need much of a border, maybe just some more background fabric to let all the fun details float.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After seeing the pictures of Lori's book on your post, it's definitely going on my Christmas list. I didn't participate in the row along, but admired all the beauties everyone made from afar. Yours is wonderful! Lori's quilts are so cheerful... and the sewing machine cover and mat is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt top and I received my copy of the book this week too! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. really beautiful quilt top, and that apple quilt will be awesome for your classroom!

    Thank you so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful quilt top. I'm there too. Have to decide the borders soon. Looking forward to Lori Holt's next quilt-along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt top. I found her row-along a little too late and didn't get to participate. But I'm going to be checking out her book for sure. Thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just received mine in the mail this week as well! Wonderful eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your row along quilt is so beautiful! Found your lovely blog through Sew Darn Crafty Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your row along quilt is lovely! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!