Thursday, December 31, 2020

Last Finish of 2020

I squeezed in one more finish before it is 2021. This is the Bricks Baby Quilt that I made for my friend that is adopting. This modern quilt really features the fabrics and comes together quickly. I used this free tutorial: https://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2019/08/bricks-baby-quilt-tutorial.html
I made my version slightly wider, so finished it is 45 x 51 inches after washing.
I got my Pfaff back last week from servicing and so I didn't get around to quilting it up until yesterday. I used a charcoal minky and quilted it vertically with my wavy stitch. 
I need three grandma quilts for all boys, so I ordered in a fat eight bundle of On the Go from Moda designed by Stacy Iest Hsu. The fabric has cars, airplanes, street signs, tractors, and all kinds of darling transportation related items. There was enough fabric for two, but then I dug into my stash for some blenders to add in so there will be enough for all three. I have another charcoal minky backing for one and ordered turquoise minky for the other two. I might set one of them with its bricks going horizontally. 
We had to put our sweet border collie mix, Lola, down on Monday. She was such a fantastic dog and she had a long life living to 15.5 years old. She will be missed--RIP Lola! Have a Happy New Year!




 

3 comments:

  1. Love all the quilting fun--great fabrics and the minky backings will be perfect. So sorry for your loss of Lola. She looks so happy in that photo. Happy New Year and stay safe in CO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, she looks like she was a great friend. I know you'll miss her. I had to put my 17 1/2 yo cat, Fang, down last year 2 days before Christmas. Always so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you've lost your lovely dog. It is absolutely heartbreaking. Your baby adoption quilt is lovely, sometimes those simple patterns are the best! But your new fabrics are gorgeous, I love the colours and look forward to watching your three quilts develop!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!