Thursday, June 20, 2019

Spelling Bee Quilt Finish

This beauty has been a long time in the making, but it was so worth it in the end! My Spelling Bee Quilt is finished and gorgeous. I loved making these blocks over several months and playing with lots of bright and happy fabrics. This is from Lori Holt's Spelling Bee book.
I personalized the blocks with my fuchsia sewing machine to honor my Pfaff machines and the red VW after my first car.
I made the puppy look like my dog, Bella, and the house is yellow with red as our house is.
The quilting was done by my friend, Glenn, and I had him quilt it densely with a country flower design. I have not washed this one yet.
I personalized the back with a couple of blocks as the label. The schoolhouse block is a freebie from Lori Holt and the school bus is also her design, but I bought it from FQS.
I am planning to hang this one in my cave classroom--there are no windows, so I think the bright, cheerful fabrics will be perfect in there.
Since it is summer, I finally got all of my Summerville blocks together. Now, I need to figure out the backing and get my friend, Rachel to quilt it.
These happy sunflowers were from my mom and dad for my birthday at the beginning of the month. Hopefully, my sunflower patch will produce some as beautiful as this later in the summer.
Our weather has been mild--only the mid-80s, but we have had several days of thunder storms. This rainbow was gorgeous from our front porch.
I have been working on lots of Pineapple blocks for the FQS Pineapple Day that I will show you next week. I am joining the Moda Bake Shop for their summer quilt along, At the Seashore. They released this first block the other day, Twin Pops. I am using my stash of Bonnie and Camille fabrics for that one. You can find info here: https://www.modabakeshop.com

11 comments:

  1. The personalization of your spelling bee quilt is very fun. It should certainly give your classroom a shot of pizzaz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cute, cute!! Your sunflowers and Twin Pops blocks look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spelling Bee is quite an accomplishment! Can't wait to see the Summerville quilt quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Spelling Bee quilt looks amazing, great how younhave personalised it. The Summerville quilt is great too, li e the icypol blocks. The sunflowers are a beautiful bright colour. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to see what you've been working on! I love how you personalized your Spelling Bee quilt - it will be perfect for your classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! on your newly completed quilt. I sure that you students will consider it welcomed addition to your "class cave"!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your spelling bee quilt is gorgeous! I love the cute label too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you created a backing for the ABC quilt. Myself and a friend are working on that quilt design. I need to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Spelling Bee looks fantastic and I love the Summerville top as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Spelling Bee quilt, it looks such a happy bright quilt indeed. The backing is just right too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!