Sunday, February 10, 2019

WIPs Galore

My new machine has really been getting a workout! My favorite quilts to make are scrap quilts, but they take longer with cutting so many random fabrics. In the past, I have joined So Scrappy's Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but I get impatient and just get my blocks done before the year is up. I have some leftover Medallion Log Cabin blocks, so I made a couple of yellow blocks for RSC19. There is a link on my right side sidebar.
How to make these blocks is under my tutorials tab, if you want to try some!
The Harry Potter Monogram block instructions posted yesterday, so I got busy on it. I still need to make the Luna block for the other version, so that is on today's agenda.
 These Vintage Block Along blocks were also on today's agenda. This is the most recent one, Egg Money.
These were her Humble Blocks from last week. You can find tutorials on her blog:
http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com
I got started on my Village blocks too! I had planned on this being a Leader/Ender project for 2019, but I like it too much to stretch it all year...
I got 30 houses done and I look forward to making some more.
I spent some time yesterday going to some local thrift stores in search of a cabinet/table for my new Juki. I think it would be perfect to have both my Pfaff and my Juki set up at all times--it will mean sacrificing my comfy chair to make room, but might be worth it. I didn't find a cabinet/table, but I found this milk glass pedestal dish. I have been on the lookout for one for a couple of years. It was $5, so sold!
Your scissors can hang from the rim and many quilters have made a pin cushion to go in the bowl. I plan on leaving the bowl portion empty so it can hold my Clover clips I use for binding and the thread or perle cotton I am using.
I plan on embroidering this Spool block for my label for my Spools 2 Quilt for Slow Sunday Stitching this evening and I also have two quilts all ready for binding 

Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. You have a lot of fun things going on! The HP monogram is amazing! I love your cute milk glass bowl, too - perfect for your scissors and odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous week. Scrap quilts are my fave too and yes, in reality they take more time, but well worth it. Love the idea of the milk glass scissor holder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you have a lot of lovely scrappy pretties on the go. Love your little glass thrift shop find. How perfect for all the sewing accouterments one collects along the way. Enjoy your slow hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you’ve adapted the vase for sewing purposes. I remember those vases with frogs and holing flowers. Don’t think my mom to I have any. May have do a search.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so prolific!! Great projects, and I love that milk glass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the Village quilt pattern. I have been toying with breaking open some of my Bonnie and Camille charm packs to make it. Your houses look adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful projects - I almost did the harry potter QAL

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much lovely eye candy in this post! My brother lives in Naturita there in Montrose County.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE seeing the bits of YELLOW in most of your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Are you ever busy! Love your projects and that milkglass notions container. That was what is was designed for, right? Lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!