Sunday, February 24, 2019

Ron, Dumbledore, & DrEAMi

Hello! I have not posted in awhile because I have not finished much that I can share with you all. Last weekend, I made the Ron and Dumbledore blocks for the 
Harry Potter Quilt Alongs I have been working on. Lately it feels like all I have been accomplishing are blocks for sew alongs which is not the most exciting or fulfilling. We did not have President's Day off from work this week and to make matters worse, we had parent/teacher conferences which meant late nights most of the week. We did have Friday off due to the late conference nights.
On Friday, we woke to a couple of inches of snow and it snowed all day. Diane from https://www.butterflythreadsquilting.com had asked me if I wanted to test a pattern for her earlier this month and of course I jumped at the chance. I already made 15 blocks, earlier in February and I whipped up the other 15 on my Friday off. This has definitely been my Drop Everything and Make It! for February https://www.mmmquilts.com/2019/02/dreami-25.html
I can't reveal it until April 1st when the pattern is released, but it is a fun scrappy one.
One of my teacher friends just had her first grandson arrive yesterday. He was two months early, but he is 3.5 pounds and expected to be fine with a little time in the NICU. I don't have any boy baby quilts ready to go, so I was on a mission today. I saw this Robert Kaufman Remixed Geese Quilt on my Pinterest board--I love how bright and cheerful it is.
I dug into my leftover Puppy Love fabrics and my Kona solid scraps to make my own Remixed Geese Quilt with bright primary colors. I am making my geese blocks finish at 2x4 inches. I think these will be fun to play with setting them and I should be able to get it done pretty quickly.
I took some time today to run up to a nearby fabric store because they had gotten some of the Little Snippets line in and had it on sale for $9 a yard--they only had five bolts, but I got a half yard of each along with some whites for my stash. 

I hope to get the baby quilt pieced this week, so I can quilt it next weekend and finally have another finish. My hubby just put a movie on and of course I have a pile of quilts ready for binding, so good night and have a great week!


6 comments:

  1. I love your blocks and how you have everything cut and ready for your projects!!! so great work! Happy Sewing from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Harry Potter blocks are wonderful. I keep forgetting to pick up the directions for them. Ugh for the late night parent teacher conferences but at least you got Friday off. The Remixed Geese quilt is interesting. Hope it goes together as easily and quickly as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always enjoy seeing what you're doing. Whoever says teacher have a cushy job had never talked to one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you've got two DrEAMi! projects here, such fun, Tanya! Love your HP blocks. Thanks for linking up with Drop Everything and Make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled across your blog this morning from Confessions of a Fabric Addict. You have some really beautiful quilts. Some, such tiny little pieces:-) Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I can't stop looking at all your beautiful quilts. I am now following you on bloglovin".

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!