Sunday, December 9, 2018

Jumping Jacks Finished

I am thrilled to share my big finish literally--this is my version of Jumping Jacks and it measures 72 x 83 inches. I have not washed it yet, but it is big and beautiful for sure! This is a design by Fig Tree & Company that you can purchase here:
The pattern is not paper pieced, it is a little challenging with the rectangle piecing, but it is certainly worth the extra effort.
 I showed the professional quilting machine working on this last Sunday. The big pretty floral quilting goes perfectly with the floral Bonnie & Camille fabrics.
 I made three extra Jumping Jack blocks to use on my backing. I love to use stripes for the binding and I am coveting the two yards of the Bonnie & Camille Good Life red and white I used for this one!
Here is the embroidery I added to one of the backing blocks as the label. I plan on surprising my daughter with this when she returns home from London next weekend! I am considering making one of these for myself too...
I got the Patriots quilt top together yesterday. This is a gift for a coworker undergoing chemo. I really love the blend of the navy blues, reds, and light grays/silvers. I used Cluck Cluck Sew's Touchdown pattern you can find here:
The letters are an addition I added from Lori Holt's Spelling Bee book. It will finish at about 60 x 83 inches.
My quilty friend Nancy at PugMom Quilts! http://pugmomquilts.blogspot.com saw my last blog post where I was explaining how there is not any Patriots fabric here in Colorado. She sent me an email offering to send me some from Boston. This is a picture she sent of the three yards of cotton she is putting in the mail to me. Quilters are the sweetest people, thank you so much Nancy! I am currently working on a Tom Brady jersey to incorporate on the backing--that mini quilt is also in the Lori Holt's Spelling Bee book, but mine will include a little more detail.
With all my focus going into the Patriots quilt, I may not get all my units together for the Good Fortune Mystery done by tomorrow. I did manage to get all the pieces cut this morning. I have lots of marking and sewing ahead! You can find all the details here:
Tonight, I plan on binding this table runner for my friend. She has been practicing with her new long arm machine. This will be my Slow Sunday Stitching to join with Kathy and friends:

Have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. Jumping Jacks is beautiful, Tanya! I love the flag blocks in the Bonnie and Camille fabric. It's the perfect gift for your daughter! I bet you're looking forward to having her home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Patriots quilt... it will be much appreciated I'm sure!
    Enjoy your binding today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful quilts ... one for a lucky daughter, one for a Patriots fan lucky enough to have you for a friend! You’ve been busy! Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a beautiful Jumping Jacks finish! You did a lovely job on it...we are Patriots fans here in CT..(not happy today though..the Dolphins STOLE the game for sure!!)
    We are both retired teachers and are really big baseball fans, but have begun following the NFL this year...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilting on the star blocks, tell your friend that her practice is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You get more done while working full time than I accomplish being retired. I'm glad someone had Patriots fabric to send you. And your daughter is going to love the Jumping Jacks quilt.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you are so way productive! You just whipped that football quilt out!!! GOOD JOB!! I know he' a special guy in your school and this will be so cherished. (I also love your floral border on the other!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you know I love your Jumping Jacks quilt!! It is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Jumping Jacks quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a floraly cute version of Jumping Jacks...great!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!