Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Clementine Quilt Finish


It has been such an honor and a thrill to sew for the Fat Quarter Shop as part of their 2018 Clementine Quilt Along.  They provided me with these beautiful Mama's Cottage fabrics designed by April Rosenthal to create this gorgeous quilt also designed by April. All of the patterns can be found here:
The Fat Quarter Shop was using this quilt along as a fundraiser for St. Jude and you can donate to that here:
 This quilt is a big one measuring approximately 70"x 90".
 I usually just take pictures on my garden fence or on the clothes line in my side yard, but since this is such a special project I ventured to a local park where there is a pretty bridge and gazebo. In theory, it was a good idea. However, there was a very territorial goose that chased me around and both the bridge and gazebo were covered in lots of bird droppings.
 I still managed a couple of decent shots, but next time I try I better bring some goodies for the goose and a sheet to protect my quilt!
 I had been planning on quilting this myself with a Baptist Fan pattern all over, but my mom's longarm died on me and is now in the shop for an expensive repair. A wonderful local lady stepped up and quilted it for me. I was so grateful for her quilting it for me I left the design up to her. Her machine is computerized and she selected a loopy flower pattern for the blocks and did loops in the border.
 I love what she did! I have not washed it yet, but it will definitely develop more crinkly goodness.
 The backing is a very retro 50's looking print with all of the cheerful colors from the front.
You can check out everyone's versions of Clementine by using these links and/or their Instagram accounts:
April of April Rosenthal (@amrosenthal)
Bonnie of Sunset Family Living (@sunsetfamilyliving)
Cara of That Crafty Cara (@thatcraftycara)
Carrie of Moda Cutting Table (@modafabrics)
Denise of Pieced Brain (@piecedbrain)
Elise of Elise and Emelie (@eliseandemelie)
Gina of Carpe Quiltin (@gina_tell_carpequiltin)
Heather of A Creative Pursuit (@acreativemama)
Hilary of By Hilary Jordan (@byhilaryjordan)
Jan of Cocoa Quilts (@cocoaquilts)
Jen of Heritage Threads (@heritage.threads)
Joanne of Quilts by Joanne (@turtlequilterjo)
Kairle of Kairle Oaks Handcrafted Goodness(@kairleoaks)
Kendra of Good Starter (@good_starter)
Kristen of 3 in the Nest (@threeinthenestraleigh)
Kristina of Center Street Quilts (@centerstreetquilts)
Leah of Ponderings from My Heart(@ponderingsfrommyheart)
Melanie of A Bit of Scrap Stuff (@mellierc)
Melissa of Happy Quilting (@happyquiltingmc)
Pat of Pat Sloan (@quilterpatsloan)
Pat B. of Life in the Scrapatch (@scrapatches)
Patty of Elm Street Quilts (@elmstreetquilts)
Rebecca of One Wee Bird (@oneweebird)
Sarah of 123 Quilt (@123quilt)
Seema of SSK Craft Shop (@sskcraftshop)
Sherri of A Quilting Life (@aquiltinglife)
Sondra of Out of the Blue Quilts (@sondradavison)
Stephanie of Quilt 'n Party (@quiltnparty)
Teresa of Aurea's Kitchen (@aureaskitchen)
Vickie of Crocheting Vixen (@crochetingvixen)
With Clementine completed and two other quilts dropped of to longarm quilters, it is time to start a new project---I cut out everything for Summerville using Bonnie and Camille's Vintage Picnic fabrics. I am in love with this one already!


10 comments:

  1. wow, wow, wow!!!

    so lovely!

    thanks so much for linking up!
    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love our Clementine, Tanya. I'm sorry but I got a good laugh at the goose. We have the same experience at our botanical garden sometimes.

    Summerville is so pretty and looks like a big project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! and your photography is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is a gorgeous finsh and what an honor to have it go for their fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been goosed!! What a funny story! Your quilt is beautiful and the quilting is perfect again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outdoor photo shoots are always an adventure. Somehow, they never seem to go as smoothly as I would like, but the pictures are worth it! You ended up with lovely pictures of a stunning quilt. I really like your bright fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous finish.
    Enjoy making the new quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!