Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Pillow Party

 Hi Y'all! Sorry I have been MIA. We have been experiencing TV and internet issues for over a week with both going out for 12 hours at a time--very frustrating, especially when they have not been able to figure out why. It has just been my neighborhood that has been effected and has not seemed to be much of a priority...Even though several neighbors have already discontinues their service and we might be next!

I finally received my Spelling Bee by Lori Holt last Monday. As I expected, it is fabulous and well worth the hefty price tag. One of the mini quilts was this Y'all one. I have a sweet friend from Georgia and I needed a birthday gift for her, so I made it into a pillow. I put it on Instagram and had another friend want to buy one...
 She has a niece that just moved to Texas and wanted it as a house warming present.
 Her niece also loves pineapples, so I whipped up a pineapple block and made it into a pillow too.
 I really like making pillows with an envelope back. It looks finished and makes it easy to remove the pillow forms to wash the cover. Amanda Jean has a really fabulous tutorial for them here:
I also recommend buying your pillow forms at Walmart instead of Joann's because they are a fraction of the cost!
I took this sheep embroidery I stitched last summer when I took my daughter to college and turned it into a pillow too. All of the pillows I made this week are 12 x 16 inches.
 Our local quilt show was this past weekend and I helped my local quilt store with their booth. We set it up on Thursday and sold goodies all weekend. The only thing I bought from another vendor was this Kona panel.
It shows all the different Kona fabrics. I order lots of Kona fabrics from Joann's and I have wanted one of their color cards, but they are really expensive. This panel was only $12!

My summer is winding down and I go back to work on August 10th, so I better get busy to get some more projects done before it is over!

SaveSave

14 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya,
    Cute, cute, cute pillows! I love all the different yellows and gold in the pineapple. It really makes me smile. That Kona fabric panel is cool. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think the Kona panel is a better representation of the actual fabrics than the card?

    I love your pillows, especially the embroidered one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a delight hello y'all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all such cute pillows. I especially enjoy the pineapple pillow. Happy stitching! --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Y'all pillow! And the rest of them as well.

    All of the pillows that I have made over time are the envelope enclosure kind..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pillows are great fun and such a lovely idea as a gift. They look wonderful.
    I have not seen the Kona panels. That is a smart idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pillows are lots of fun! They make such great gifts! A quilt shop here carries that Kona panel and I've been thinking about getting one, too. It would be so helpful to look at colors before actually having to make a decision!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! Like that "Y'all" pillow especially!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! love your pillows!

    thanks so much for linking up!
    hope the internet issues are fixed soon!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fantastic pillows! I too, ordered the same Kona fabric color card - it certainly helps in deciding what color I need to order. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cushions!
    Thanks for linking up to TGIFF too

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pillows! And I didn't even know about the Kona panels; boy, would I like to have a current one. my old Kona color card (2012) is out of date since they redid a lot of the colors in 2014. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun pillows! Do you plan to make something from the Kona panel or is it just for fun? Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!